• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

detailing a 1969 Avian Aluminum camper need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• detailing a 1969 Avian Aluminum camper need help

I'm detailing a old camper for a customer,It's aluminum, I'm sure because when I put Aluminum polish on it its turning black and when I'm wiping it off it really doesn't seem to do much for it.What is the best way to go about this,Its heavily oxidized,nothing has been done to this camper for years to preserve the aluminum.Is there any help for it? thanks barry
    barry

Re: detailing a 1969 Avian Aluminum camper need help

Have you tried Megs HotRims Mag and Aluminum Polish? I have notice that to work alot better than any other metal or aluminum polishes. Also if doing it by hand try a machine like a DA polisher or like me i would use a rotary with a polish or finishing pad on a project like that but I'm not sure if its recommended by meguiars which I'm sure they will add in on that recommendation if its not
    ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
    Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
    210-281-8151

Comment

Meguiar's doesn't have an official procedure for machine polishing oxidized aluminum but it can be done with any of our metal polishes, the problem is getting a uniform shine due to the shape of panels and leaving a swirl free finish.

You can always experiment with some metal polish and one of our W-7006 foam cutting pad or a wool cutting or finishing pad depending upon how bad the oxidation is and how much cutting power you need.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I know Tim, aka. 2hotford had some good luck polishing out his aluminum boat. Maybe he could chime in here.

Here is Tim's boat!

Before:

After:

And...

Andy
        101impala
        Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
        Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Did some research on the Avian camper,according to the factory specs it anodized aluminum.I have plenty of time to figure out what I can use to detail it,so If anyone has any ideas,please let me know.I researched the web found this website the sales this stuff called metal cleaner,its a flouride base concentrate.they also sale this stuff called Metal wax for sealing after cleaning it.Wonder if its worth trying,I hate to get this cleaner and it not phase it any. what do Ya'll think
          barry

Comment

Hi there I have polished a alloy camper be for .
            If you need advice Google Nuvite alloy polish ,the product is out standing
            Have A Smurfie Day
            Take Pride In Your Ride...

Comment

Smurf, thanks for the tip,I found the Nuvite chemical company website,I've been reading on their different products.Its worth giving this a try and I will order some of this product and give it a try, it really seems like this stuff is good,thanks for the great help.Will let everyone know how this works for me
              barry

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');