• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good suggestions for aftermarket motorcycle pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good suggestions for aftermarket motorcycle pipes

I am shopping for a after market motorcycle pipe. The bike that i have is a 06 Kawasaki ZZR600. Now the problem is my bike has a bolt on pipe and many companies do not make bolt on pipes. Do they make conversion kits? I am new to motorcycle modifications. I had a Muzzy on my old 250 Ninja and it sounded all right. But it sounded like a 4 stroke ATV motor. Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Alex
    1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
    1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
    1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Re: Good suggestions for aftermarket motorcycle pipes

They don't make slip ons for your bike?

Comment

My bike I wish it was a slip on set up but the bolt on does reduce weight by 2 to 3 pounds. I would like to get a D&D but they do not make bolt on. I got a Dyno test on the M4 pipe company and it would improve my horse power by 9 HP and a gain on torq as well.
      Alex
      1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Yoshimura, one of the best, makes a bolt on for your bike (if I read correctly). I'd go with them. I'd love to get their set up for my quad one day...

Comment

stang I have the same bike... well 2007... visit http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/zzr-600/ for A LOT of info on the new ZZRs.

As mentioned above, Yoshi pipe is the most popular, but many have been happy with scorpion, etc. here's a thread on just the exhaust for the zzr...http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/zzr...0-exhaust.html
          Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
          Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I can't find a dyno test on a Yoshi RS3. I found a discount dealer online I found a Yoshi RS3 for 276.00 dollars new. I think the company is called star cycle. The M4 pipe the only downer about it is it lost power right where I start power band if I read the chart correctly.
            Alex
            1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

I watched the video and it sounded good. I am pretty convinced on what I will be getting. It is between th M4 and Yoshi RS3.
              Alex
              1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

The 9hp is just being way too optimistic and many manufacturers, usually of exhaust systems whether it's for bikes or cars, tend to exaggerate those numbers a bit... I've seen many guys with bikes go to the dyno with many different pipes and be lucky to pull off an extra 1-3hp. So unless you're going for a full exhaust system (headers, cats, muffler) don't expect much out of the pipe install, except great sound haha
                Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
                Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

I agree, mufflers on a car don't give you as much power as they say, same goes for all engines.

Comment

I called M4 manf, today and talked to a tech man, He said the site I got it from does not state that it is a full system. It is and that is why it gained 9HP. the tech guy said I will gain a couple of HP not 9 unless I get the full system.
                    Alex
                    1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');