• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice

Hi all,

I've been using meguiars cleaner wax consumer line for the second week and this week I've topped it up with meguiars nxt 2.0 spray wax and let me tell you the results are awesome. Am i doing the right thing? I also read something about the nxt 2.0 spray wax that it can be topped with any other waxes http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...=nxt+spray+wax will it also compliment the cleaner wax?

I wash my car once or twice a week, what can i use on my car after every wash? Is the UQD or QD enough? Or is there anything else I'm missing?

By the way I own a Night Hawk Black Honda City 2006 here in the Philippines and I'ts really a good budget car. I can't do any modifications so might as well keep it shiny and get the paint protected. Also meguiars products here cost twice the price there in the U.S. Why?

TIA and more power to Meguiars!

Ralph

Re: Need some advice

Absolutley... I always like ColorX (another stonger cleaner/wax) topped with Nxt or #21.

However, a spray was is not the same a a regular coat of wax. 2 coats of a regular wax is recomeded. Now, your current two coats will last at least several weeks, so after your next wash, you could use the Spray Wax as a "booster" to restore the fresh shine, and add a little protection back.

For after washing, UQD or Spry Wax are best. Obviousoly, the UQD is a mist and wipe, while the spray wax is an apply very very thin, then go back and wipe off. So, yo ucna use either, maybe available time would tell which for you.

As far as price... likely can blame shipping and import fees....
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Well like stated above you don't want to use a spray wax as your main wax protection. Try topping off your cleaner wax with NXT 2.0 liquid or paste wax and then maintain it with the spray wax or UQD, NXT spray wax is mainly used as a booster wax and was not intended to replace the a good wax application. The UQD can be used after every wash and the spray wax probably about once a week to once every other week depending on what the vehicle is exposed to.

I also read something about the nxt 2.0 spray wax that it can be topped with any other waxes http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...=nxt+spray+wax will it also compliment the cleaner wax?
      If you are talking about applying the cleaner wax over the NXT i would not suggest that due to the cleaner wax having cleaners in it which will remove the layer of wax beneath it.
      ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
      Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
      210-281-8151

Comment

^^^ don't worry i will not top off nxt 2.0 spray wax with a cleaner wax.

I was doing it the other way around - cleaner wax and then nxt 2.0 spray wax.

thanks for the comments!

Comment

Hey! We have the same car, same color, but mine is a 2004 model.
          I've been religiously "meguiarizing" my car. It still looks as good as the day it rolled out of the dealer. (Actually.. it's way better than the day it rolled out of the dealer.)

Anyway, where are you buying your Meg's stuff from?
          And true.. they're way too expensive here in the Philippines, but then again you only use a very little amount to do the whole car. I still have my NXT1.0. It's been two years already and there's still 1/4 of the stuff remaining. Just waiting to finish it before I get to try NXT2.0.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');