• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

washing microfiber polishing cloth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• washing microfiber polishing cloth

i have 3 cloths that i used and they are mostly black. i did try to put them through the washing machine and they are still black. how do i wash these? i am going to get more anyways, but if i can wash these i will have more.
    1984 buick grand national 1987 engine

1989 gmc s15 jimmy 4x4 winter beater

Re: washing microfiber polishing cloth

Are they black from grease and dirt? Sometimes if my rags are real bad off i put them in a bucket of hot water with dish washing liquid and oxiclean and let it sit a day maybe two then rinse it out and put it through the wash with laundry detergent and if is not clean after that it may be a lost cause and time to invest in some new ones.
    ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
    Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
    210-281-8151

Comment

mostly #80 that i wiped off the paint and cleaned the foam pad with
      1984 buick grand national 1987 engine

1989 gmc s15 jimmy 4x4 winter beater

Comment

2 things to try from other forums.
        1. SOAK IN A BUCKET OF PURPLE POWER CLEANER MIXED WITH WATER OVER NIGHT AND SOMETIMES LONGER. DEPENDS ON HOW NASTY THEY ARE.
        2. SOAK IN A BUCKET FILLED WITH HOT WATER AND A PRODUCT CALLED TSP(TRI SODIUM PHOSPHATE). POWDER OR LIQUID.
        Rinse out well. Wash in wash machine with laundry detergent. Adding vinegar to final rinse until no soap bubbles show will rejuvinate the micro fiber's ability to hold water.

Comment

Originally posted by andyo View Post
          mostly #80 that i wiped off the paint and cleaned the foam pad with

Oh ok well in that case just put it in some hot water and wash with dish washing liquid. That usually cleans them right up and then you can either rinse it out and use it again or like me i soak all my bad rags over night to get all the grease and gunk off of them and then in the morning i put them in the wash with the rest of my rags that were not so dirty. I just dont like mixing the two because if you put the bad ones in with the ok ones you get all that polish and grease in the water and it cant clean them as well if that makes any sense
          ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
          Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
          210-281-8151

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');