• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Wipe Detailing Cloth: "Wash with like colors".......whoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Wipe Detailing Cloth: "Wash with like colors".......whoops

Well, I now have a dozen pink Ultimate Wipe Detailing Cloths.

Who knew that orange (micro fiber) + white = pink?

Oh well, they are still super soft!

Re: Ultimate Wipe Detailing Cloth: "Wash with like colors".......whoops

Just because of experience I wouldn't use those orange microfiber on the interior, because they have some kind of ink or something like this that it can be transfer to leather seats or whatever material your interior has

Comment

You will never lose them now. lol
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Yeah, mine are light green from washing with some new blue MF's...

Comment

i use different colors for different jobs

16x16 yellow and 48x18 blue for wax and stuff
          16x16 white and green for interior
          16x16 orange and dark blue for wheels
          with white mf wash mitts.

Comment

Originally posted by hacker-pschorr View Post
            Well, I now have a dozen pink Ultimate Wipe Detailing Cloths.

Who knew that orange (micro fiber) + white = pink?

Oh well, they are still super soft!
            i washed some of the vroom orange mf towels with a couple of new white artic mf towels. The white ones are not white anymore trust me.

Now I see why everyone says to wash all new mf towels and especially wash the same colors together.

Still work fine though
            2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
            2005 Honda CRF250R
            2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

HAHAHA!!
              Sorry to Hear the News though!!!
              Joel
              Firefighter/EMT-B
              Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
              "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
              '99 F-150

Comment

I just turned some blue towels green by washing 48 brand new yellow towels with 4 blue ones. I grinned as I started the washer... I knew what I was about to do. I don't wear my towels, no worries here!

Comment

Yeah, I have also dyed some of my towels green...

I now have quite a few green Supreme Shine towels and a few blue Ultimate Wipes. Also, there are some green W8006's now.
                  Chris
                  Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

how to wash wax applicator pad effectively? since residue wax which harden can cause fine scratch

Comment

hehehehe, I did the same to my super shines the other day, at first i was like "ahhh!!" then i remembered this will finally settle the "this is mine, no it's mine" conversations!! :P

Oh and Solstice, what i do it chuck them in a bucket, and add some hot water, this softens it all up, then i just grab some detergent, (stuff you use to wash your plates, not clothes) and give them a good squeeze, just keep squeezing them, with them in the water, for stubborn stuff like scratch x, i leave them in the water for a little while, then come back and squeeze them out again

Comment

A couple of my Ultimate Wipes were washed with my cheapie green MF's and now they are glow-in-the-dark light green. I think its funny.
                        James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                        Calais Auto Detailing
                        CalaisDetails@aim.com
                        www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

I ordered 36 of the ADS blue microfibers. Washed them with one of my meguiars supreme shine.. and it came out with a blue tint. Also zapped one of my foam applicators.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');