• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best wax / combo for wet look on black car - NXT2.0 top #26 or Blackfire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best wax / combo for wet look on black car - NXT2.0 top #26 or Blackfire?

Hey,

Meguiar's DC#2, #3, #5, #7 and #81 are all pure polishes designed to enhance the finish, and are especially noticeable on black and darker paints. With that said, Meguiar's #7 contains the richest amounts of the TS oils of all of the pure polishes that Meguiar's sells. Pure polishes are not just for black or dark paint; they can be used on all colors. But it is on darker colors where the greatest differences can be noticed.

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Tim
      Thank you, fantastic information. I'll try the #7 after claying then NXT2.0 topped with #26 and let you all know how it works out.

Comment

Hey guys-
        I'm working on the car now; I washed, clayed, and used M07 for polish. It looks awesome...now just need to wax.
        Originally I was planning on doing two light coats of NXT2.0 then top it with #26. I'm now wondering if I should just put on two light coats of #26 and not do the NXT. I've read somewhere that NXT has a great shine but so not much "wet look", and #26 seems to promote the wet look, so maybe not having the NXT barrier in between the polish and the #26 would offer a deeper look.

Any thoughts?

Comment

On black, M26 can't be beat.

Comment

Thanks Roush, I'll give it a shot straight to the #26 and try to get some pics when done.

Comment

With a Swirl free, defect free finish M07-Show Car Glaze followed by your favorite Meg's wax should leave you with a finish even a show car would desire. I like NXT 2.0 or M20 Polymer Sealant myself.
              Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');