• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'nother engine detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'nother engine detail

You probably remember about a month ago I detailed my Camry's engine. http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=22916

Well, yesterday I had some free time on my hands and I detailed me '02 Tahoe's engine.

Process:

Used APC (4:1) to spray the engine followed by a brush soaked in water before turning the hose on it. Then applied CD2 engine detailer per instructions on the can. Bigger difference than the Camry. I'm happy w/ the results.

Before,

After,

I'm crafty, but not good at crafts.

Re: 'nother engine detail

Wow man, nice result!

...Makes me wanna detail my engine bay! It's the only part of my car which doesn't get detailed enough...
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Looks good. Good work. Way to go.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Very nice results!
        So clean and nice

Comment

Thanks. Yeah, I was happy with the results.

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, where do you purchase the CD2 detailer spray. I live in Lubbock, Texas, and I can't find it at any stores.
            thanks,
            danny

Originally posted by Playr View Post
            You probably remember about a month ago I detailed my Camry's engine. http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=22916

Well, yesterday I had some free time on my hands and I detailed me '02 Tahoe's engine.

Process:

Used APC (4:1) to spray the engine followed by a brush soaked in water before turning the hose on it. Then applied CD2 engine detailer per instructions on the can. Bigger difference than the Camry. I'm happy w/ the results.

Before,

After,

Comment

Danny,

The bad part is finding it. Since it's not a Meguiar's product, I sent you a PM on some sources.

Comment

Nice.

Hey, maybe that Vortec plastic cover was stamped by me back in 2001. I remember hot stamping those very same covers.

Comment

Maybe, it's a 2002 and was assembled in TX.

Comment

Very nice & clean. Nice job on that engine.
                    Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                    www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                    Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Playr View Post
                      Danny,

The bad part is finding it. Since it's not a Meguiar's product, I sent you a PM on some sources.

Can you PM me the details on that also.
                      2005 MACHINE SILVER C6 CORVETTE - 2006 POLAR WHITE SCION XB - 2003 LEMANS SUNSET NISSAN 350Z
                      "You can take the New Yorker out of NY, but you'll NEVER take NY out of the New Yorker"

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');