• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help!! carpet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help!! carpet!

Well I am getting paid for this job, he had me take some pictures today. I have done a lot of cars over the years but this interior tops it.

The spills in the back are from his son's fake blood and milk and such.

The spills that are on the front seats and such are from coffe, beer, dirt, and soda. The stains on the floor are from soda being spilled over years. Its now turned into a rubber touch. I can knock on it an its hard rock.
    I've taken some pictures; now the only thing I can think of doing is this. Tell me if these steps are good or not.

Fist use the - Stiff Scrub Brush
    Then use - Aqua Soft Carpet Brush
    These are the scrub brushes for the porter cable DA.
    I will then take out the scrub brush an use it for a little try and work in the cleaner a little bit.
    I've picked up fabric cleaner from wal-mart & from autogeek.
    The products I picked up are:
    1Z Einszett Upholstery Foam Shampoo “Polsterschaum”
    Meguiars Quik Out Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner Aerosol

I am thinking of picking up some odar cleaner as well.

I'm not sure what else I am missing out, I have a shopvac that I will use to **** up the water; what should I do to clean the stiff, stained, rubber-tackie floor.

Re: Need help!! carpet!

EDIT: Whats the price I should charge him to do this, i've got not a single clue.
    I've also gotta' fully detail his truck with a extended cab, swirl remove / polish / clay bar. What should I charge him?

Comment

is this and F150 ? dude that is a serious interior job ...i use APC amd the meguiars interior brush followed by a clean cotton towel ,but i dont know about the rubber stained carpet .. someone should chime in soon

Comment

Originally posted by chessplayer View Post
        is this and F150 ? dude that is a serious interior job ...i use APC amd the meguiars interior brush followed by a clean cotton towel ,but i dont know about the rubber stained carpet .. someone should chime in soon
        Would the brushes you put on a DA be fine, or would it rip the carpet up?
        I've gotta' get her spotless. What should I even charge for something like this?

Comment

My mother-in-law spilled pie filling on her carpeting a while back, and I was really worried that I wasn't going to be able to budge this stuff, because like you said, it turned hard as a rock. Turned out that all I needed was some good APC, a brush and my wet-vac. I mixed the APC with hot water, though I suppose you really don't have to, soaked the affected areas of the carpet, then let the cleaner work for a while. Then I went back and scrubbed the area spraying more cleaner if needed, then vacuumed the crud out. After extracting as much of the APC solution and crud out as I could, I finished the area off by using a second sprayer filled with clean water and a bit of laundry fabric softener for an addition rinse (the fabric softener seems to pull out any remaining soap and leaves the fabric soft and smelling good).
          Don
          12/27/2015
          "Darth Camaro"
          2013 Camaro ... triple black
          323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Originally posted by JT-Auto-Detailing View Post
            EDIT: Whats the price I should charge him to do this, i've got not a single clue.

I've also gotta' fully detail his truck with a extended cab, swirl remove / polish / clay bar. What should I charge him?
            Whenever we've done interior work we've always broken the job into 2 jobs, the interior and the exterior and charged separately for both. If the customer didn't understand then we explained that when we're working on the outside, we can't be working on the inside and visa-versa, thus a charge for the outside and a charge for the inside and we do one job on one day and one job on the other day because it usually takes that kind of time.

Haven't personally done a lot of interior details because we like to stick with paint polishing but if this were a job we were bidding on we would want a low of $75.00 for the interior and would try to get $125.00

For the outside, if the owner just wants the paint shiny, not the swirls all removed then a low of $150.00 and we would use M66 or ColorX as a one-step after washing and claying. Then dress the trim and the tires, clean all the glass.

If the owner wants a show car finish including the swirls and other below surface defects removed then we would want a low of $300.00 for the outside and if possible even more, (hard to get more for a daily driver unless you're really good at educating the customer and they really want a show car finish).

That said, before we the high-end detail work on the outside it would only be after we evaluated the customer to see if they understood that the results we could produce would only last if they are willing to properly maintain the finish, this means they can't take it to a car wash and instead must take ownership of the car wash process. If they're just going to run the truck down to the local car wash once a week after your detail work than it's not worth it to them or to you to have you remove all the swirls and instead just educate them on why and stick to making the paint shiny, (one-step approach).

Hope this helps...

"Evaluate the customer first, then evaluate the finish"

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

The #21 what is that? a Polish or a wax, I've never been clear with that. I looked at a post and a guy was saying he let it sit for a hour. then just whipped it off with a MF.

How ever I think I will charge 75.00 just because I know the guy pretty well. The swirls he wants removed because he's trying to sell the car and car max gave him a bad price for the car I guess. So now he's trying to spunk the car up a bit.

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
              Whenever we've done interior work we've always broken the job into 2 jobs, the interior and the exterior and charged separately for both. If the customer didn't understand then we explained that when we're working on the outside, we can't be working on the inside and visa-versa, thus a charge for the outside and a charge for the inside and we do one job on one day and one job on the other day because it usually takes that kind of time.

Haven't personally done a lot of interior details because we like to stick with paint polishing but if this were a job we were bidding on we would want a low of $75.00 for the interior and would try to get $125.00

For the outside, if the owner just wants the paint shiny, not the swirls all removed then a low of $150.00 and we would use M66 or ColorX as a one-step after washing and claying. Then dress the trim and the tires, clean all the glass.

If the owner wants a show car finish including the swirls and other below surface defects removed then we would want a low of $300.00 for the outside and if possible even more, (hard to get more for a daily driver unless you're really good at educating the customer and they really want a show car finish).

That said, before we the high-end detail work on the outside it would only be after we evaluated the customer to see if they understood that the results we could produce would only last if they are willing to properly maintain the finish, this means they can't take it to a car wash and instead must take ownership of the car wash process. If they're just going to run the truck down to the local car wash once a week after your detail work than it's not worth it to them or to you to have you remove all the swirls and instead just educate them on why and stick to making the paint shiny, (one-step approach).

Hope this helps...

Comment

#21 is a synthetic sealant.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Hope this helps...

I'm thinking of starting a business. I got an extensive knowledge on detailing cars "thanks to meguiars team" . the only thing left is the interior I hate interiors..

thanks Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');