• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

freezing temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freezing temperature

I've seen in this forum numerous times not to let some products freeze. My question is: Do they freeze at 32 degrees like water or is their freezing point higher or lower than water? Just curious. I have an attached garage and keep mine in a cabinet.
    2011 Ford Mustang GT Cali Special
    2012 Kia Sorento EX

Re: freezing temperature

I would imagine it might be a little lower, but I could be wrong. I always bring mine down to the basement during the winter just to be safe.
    on, people!

Comment

The closer to water the product is, the closer below 32deg. So like Glass Cleaners, etc, will freeze just below 32 deg.

Thicker products should freeze lower, but I do not know if just getting very cold could help them seperate more easily.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I understand your question. For me if its getting that cold. (yes it occasionaly gets that cold in Florida) I just automatically bring everything in. Better be safe then sorry.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

I suppose alcohol (or similar) content would be a factor too. I've not looked at ingredients on many of the products but that would count for something. "Closer to water" is a good answer, but closer in what way would matter. Not just viscosity but content-wise.
          Michael
          Thanks for all the help!

Comment

I leave my supplies in the garage year round. It gets cold! Dont think anything ever "froze" but for example my NXT Car Wash Soap separated. Half of it was a clear liquid and the other half was a very thick gel. Once it warmed up and I shook it up it was fine.
            If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');