• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Car Wash do you like the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Car Wash do you like the best?

I'm puzzled by people's comments here about shine? Isn't a shampoo's job to clean safely? Personally, I feel that shine will only ever come from surface prep (polishing) and (to a lesser extent) LSP. Are people generally looking for a 'wash 'n' wax' product that will leave a shine by itself?

Comment

Originally posted by 6FIEND View Post
      I'm puzzled by people's comments here about shine? Isn't a shampoo's job to clean safely? Personally, I feel that shine will only ever come from surface prep (polishing) and (to a lesser extent) LSP. Are people generally looking for a 'wash 'n' wax' product that will leave a shine by itself?
      I agree with you and I was thinking the same thing. I think there may be a misconception among some people that a car wash can shine paint. As you said, a car wash can only remove dirt etc to reveal a shine that was already there...
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Gold Class is my favorite and what I usually use. I would like to try Super Soap in the Detailer Line though. I have used GC for about 10 years or so...ever since I started driving. And to the two above posters. I have also used MANY other shampoo's in that time and I have no problem saying that GC leaves behind a definite shine over brands.
        Jason

Comment

Gold Class! It seems to work well for me, clean and looks good when I'm done.
          Michael

Talent hits a target no-one else can hit; genius hits targets no-one else can see. - Schopenhauer

Comment

I have to say GC because when I finish washing a car that has a faded look and it has some kind of shine, you know it was something in the product and not just that you put water on it. I also say to the person who did not get good suds. I bought this stuff probably when it first came out. The directions said to just put a cap full in a bucket of water. I also pour the wash in the bucket before adding water. I dont' measure any more but if you keep it that way you still should have lots of suds. You also can tell if you have too much water because you wan't fell the wash mit glide over the surface. I usually wash my vehicle twic because of habit(used to miss the lower panel by the tires at the spray wash back in the day). Anyway, the first time over I wash top down. Then I switch mits and use a second bucket. This time I can really feel the mit just gliding over the surface. The bottle also used to say to let the water run off instead of spraying off with pressure. I don't know if that changed but that's how I used to do it and it always left a great shine no matter what condition or color the paint was. I high pressure it off now and it still looks great lol. I also think the deep crystal has a lot of suds. I used it a few times back in the day.

Comment

Haven't used any Meguiar's car wash other than GC, but I really like it. I had been using the Mr. Clean system, but found that when doing a full 5 step process, the cars look much better with a GC step 1. Also, GC is readily available, smells good and is relatively inexpensive.
              2013 Highlander - black
              2010 TL - black

Comment

I know I will not hear the end of this, but I have never had a problem with using Liquid Ivory. The water still beads after the wash is done and wax still last a couple of months. I get all the road grease off easily and still have wax on the car.

Comment

I love gold class and I use NXT on really dirty cars so I voted NXT because every one else it seems voted Gold class but I like them the same and I could not get by without either.

Comment

Deep Crystal and for a good reason. It is the only one I have used in the past few years. For some reason it was really cheap so I bought a few. They last for only having 2 cars to wash.

Comment

I like a product called Wizards wash concentrate. Wizards is the company....i think it is based in Wisconsin. their soap is super sudsy and works great.

another one i like is Auto Supreme...I think that is the company but i cant find them anywhere on the internet. they make several soaps on is simply called wash and wax which an unbelievable wash!

Comment

Before the new BLACK car I always bought the cheap stuff. Only soap right. Well that's what I thought till I saw this site. Now I will buy the NXT.

Comment

I wash lots of family/friends cars for free, so I generally use whatever is on sale.
                          When It is for a customer, or my car I only use the best (Gold Class)
                          Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

I know that I will get blasted, but I use the Deep Crystal becuase we wash the cars so often and the kids really like the suds. I have no spotting issues and really like how it works.

Comment

I have an use currently: Gold Class (LOVE this stuff, especially the consistency and the finish it leaves), NXT, Shampoo Plus (Great in buckets and foam gun), Super Soap (Rocks in my foam gun), and Hyper-Wash (Rocked in foam gun).

I couldn't really pick a favorite, to be honest, as I haven't done "testing" to see if I really truly prefer one over another. the only thing resembling a complaint I could possibly have is that I don't like how thick the NXT soap is...I prefer the liquidity of Gold Class- I know, I'm nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by cv_soccer View Post
                                At least I'm not using Dawn!

One of the obvious questions is does the type of car wash make a “REAL” difference, and if so what? I have used NXT Generation® Car Wash & Deep Crystal® Car Wash and they both do the job so why should I change, or why should I pay any more if there doing the job?

I'm puzzled & confused.
                                I am kinda in the same boat as you. I cannot keep straight what the differences are in the numerous Meg's washes.

I just know I like to buy wash by the gallon for the savings of buying in bulk. I think that limits me to 62, Hyperwash, Shampoo Plus and Super Soap. Once I finish up my current wash, I am going to give Hyperwash a try. I like that 1 - 1.5 ounces is pretty much all you need for your entire five gallon wash bucket.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');