• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can DC#2 remove Spider Webs & Swirl Marks with a DA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can DC#2 remove Spider Webs & Swirl Marks with a DA?

I purchased a DA and I should be getting it some time this week. I Detailed my Truck by hand about 3 weeks ago. I Clayed , DC 1&2 and then Waxed. I want to remove some light Spider Webs & Swirl Marks with my new DA . Do I have to do the DC process all over again or should I use some Wax Cleaner to save a step ? Can DC#2 remove Spider Webs & Swirl Marks with a DA? I called a place here in PR that are suppose to carry most of Meg's Pro Line Products (I finally found a place LOL) I will be going on Friday to see what they have in store. I was thinking of getting #83 to use it with the DA .What are the steps if I find #83 ? I'm open to suggestions. WOW sorry about all the Questions .Thank You.

Re: Can DC#2 remove Spider Webs & Swirl Marks with a DA?

No, DC#2 will not remove anything. It is a pure polish, and has no cleaning ability. Even DC#1 is quite mild.

You will want #80 to start with.

Rotary vs. PC vs. Regular Orbital Buffer

Recommended Products - G100a Dual Action Polisher

Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line

Each one, teach one... Ferrari Fiorano 355 F1 Spider

So something like:
    1. Wash
    2. Clay - Probably not needed again yet.
    3. Clean - Test spot with #80. Hopefully it is enough, if not, move up to #83. Really though, I would recomend getting the hang of #80 before worrying about moving up to #83.
    4. Polish - Optional
    5. Wax - 2 thin coats of your favorite.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hello Merr. When you say 2.Clean and 4.Polish do you mean with DC#1&2 ? I will try to get the #80 its better to be on the safe side . Clean and Polish with the White Pads ?

Comment

I take it you are using Lake Country pads? I have not used them, so need someone elses advice on that.

The DC products are good by hand, and can be used by machine. But if you have swirls, etc, (and even for general cleaning), using a product like #80 that is desinged for use by machine will tend to do better. Also, #80 is a cleaner/polish, so it has enough polishing oils in it to make using a pure polish like DC#2 optional.

If you have to use the DC products, then yes, you would clean with DC#1 and polish with DC#2.

Since you mentioned cleaner/waxes, they can also be used with a PC, and #66 tends to be a popular one in the Professional Line, or ColorX and the Cleaner/Wax in the Consumer Line. But for removing swirls, #80 (or #83 if needed) would be better, though you could use some cleaner/wax topped with a regular wax for a quick detail in the future.

Comment

I'm just going to Waite till Friday to see if I can get #80 and most likely some #66 . I might as well get some pads there while I'm at it. Which one's do you recommend ?Thanks for the advise Murr much appreciated.

Comment

Well, with Meguiar's pads, it would look like:

7006 Cutting Pad - Do not use on the paint directly, it is meant for a rotary buffer. But, with a MF bonnet placed over it, it is great for removing wax.

8006 Polishing Pad - Good for cleaning and polishing, so products like #80, #66, DC#1, DC#2, #83, etc.

9006 Finishing Pad - Good for applying waxes, and some folks would use it with pure polishes like DC#2 as well.

At least one pad per product is good, but the more the better. Really only need one 7006, but extra of the others is good, esp the 8006 pads.

Comment

Great I think I'll be going to the store today instead of tomorrow . I want to have everything here when the DA gets here LOL. Thank You for the Tips Merr.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');