• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member from Pittsburgh, PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member from Pittsburgh, PA

Hi,

My name is Tim. I have been using Meguiar's products for a little over a year now, and I am never going to use any other products from another company again!

I am from Pittsburgh, so keeping my car clean is a tough job. I bought a 2001 Dodge Neon SE used in 2006. I will be going through the complete cleaning and waxing product, but this time I will be using this process (I added one more step to the 5 step process):

1.) Wash with Gold Class Car Wash
    2.) Clay Bar
    3.) Clean (ScratchX)
    4.) Polish with Show Car Glaze #7
    5.) NXT Generation Wax 2.0
    6.) Wait 12-24 hrs and wax with Hi-Tech Yellow Wax #26

Here are some pictures taken from a few weeks ago after an accident. I ended up buying a Carbon Fiber hood because of it. (The first pic is from last year. It is my fav.)

Does anyone know if it is possible to make my rear bumper shine without having to paint it? It is a dull red, and when it is wet it seems to get it's color back. You can see it in the photo above.

Re: New Member from Pittsburgh, PA

From where?

And your process probably will get the color back.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Dont yinz have some good hackey team or summin?????? Aint it dat Sidney Crawsby on yinz team too????

Welcome to the forum!!!

Oh and yea 7-0 in playoffs cant beat that but, sure can beat Jagr
      Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
      Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
      Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

Welcome to mol. I agree your first pics is sharp. Be sure to post your finish pics.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

SYDSTER

Comment

Hi Tim and welcome to Meguiar's Online!

On the rear bumper, use ScratchX (you already have it) on a small area, if you can get that small area looking good then you have high chances that duplicating that same process on the hole rear bumper will look nice as well. If you don't see any changes then you will need to step it up to a more aggressive combination.

Remember that ScratchX will work only if you use the right technique, read the link, this could help out
            How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX
            How To Remove Swirls By Hand

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Looks like the rear bumper may have been repainted with single stage paint that is oxidizing. Polishing with ScratchX might work, or maybe pick up a G110 and use an 8006 pad with some 83.
              If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                From where?

And your process probably will get the color back.
                I live in Crafton.

Thanks for the input about the bumper everyone. I will be going through the whole process once I find some time and nice weather. I usually would have to wait for a nice Sat. because of the amount of time it takes to do by hand. I usually just skip the bumper because I didn't think that I would be able to get the color back, but I will try this time.

LET'S GO PENS!

Comment

With a product like ScratchX, it needs applied to a small area, worked in well, and often a couple applications. And worked in well means the car is almost rocking on the springs from the pressure.

Obviously, something like that over an entire car is going to ****.... so just focus on a panel or two a day.

Or if you dont have swirls, etc to fix on the rest of the car, you could just use a regular cleaner like DC#1 on everything else. That doesnt need worked in quite as much.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');