• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: *New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

Originally posted by Lumadar View Post
    I haven't used it that much (Did a client's silver 4 door Civic today, did a client's Van last Tues, and tested a bit on my own) but it does seem to use a little more product than "usual." Usual being compared to a wax, but I guess it makes sense, maybe a little more than usual for a polish too. BUT, when you consider it is filling the place of two products...I guess it evens out and then some
    Thanks for this info! I'll go ahead and pickup a gallon from ADS. I need a new 8006 pad anyhow.
    NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumadar View Post
      I haven't used it that much (Did a client's silver 4 door Civic today, did a client's Van last Tues, and tested a bit on my own) but it does seem to use a little more product than "usual." Usual being compared to a wax, but I guess it makes sense, maybe a little more than usual for a polish too. BUT, when you consider it is filling the place of two products...I guess it evens out and then some
      So how many ounces you have used up so far?

Comment

Originally posted by gioprivatemove View Post
        Hi everybody. About D151, is it possible to use with rotary polisher?
        Yes. With wool or foam pads.

It's a very versatile product.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
          It can be used by hand, PC, and rotary. Just depends how aggressive you want it to be!
          Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
          Yes. With wool or foam pads.

It's a very versatile product.
          Ok, thanks a lot friends. I'll wait the arrival at local Meguiar's Distributor.

Comment

So, I can

Wash
            Clay
            D151
            ...and done?
            Rob A.
            '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
            '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX88 View Post
              So, I can

Wash
              Clay
              D151
              ...and done?
              You *can*..but this is intended for volume type situations like with clients that don't want to drop tons of money on a full polish. Although it may be a great maintenance type product to get out minor swirls on your own car before you re-wax it.

Comment

Just got mine!!! Can't wait to use it!
                K3AKE 147.555

Comment

Hey netspec, Great to see you got it. Let us know what you think of it.

Comment

Looks like I will be adding this to my Must Order NOW lol

Comment

Got my gallon few days ago. Tried some on my dad's car (roof only) and seems to be good. Didnt used a wool pad only foam pad (yellow). It managed to remove some swirls. Didnt dried up that fast that I expected, which I like. Dust was not that much (in my case). Gonna try on a whole car by next week. Thanks Meguiars!! I like it
                      Learning new things everyday

Comment

Originally posted by TimG View Post
                        Got my gallon few days ago. Tried some on my dad's car (roof only) and seems to be good. Didnt used a wool pad only foam pad (yellow). It managed to remove some swirls. Didnt dried up that fast that I expected, which I like. Dust was not that much (in my case). Gonna try on a whole car by next week. Thanks Meguiars!! I like it
                        What yellow foam pad? Meg's or LC?
                        Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
                        Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

Originally posted by lecchilo View Post
                          What yellow foam pad? Meg's or LC?
                          Megs 8006
                          Learning new things everyday

Comment

Originally posted by TimG View Post
                            Megs 8006
                            That's what I thought haha... I would've been disappointed if 151 was so mild that it didn't remove a lot of swirls with LC yellow
                            Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
                            Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

why would anyone want to use NXT anymore if this cleans, corrects and protects all in one step either by hand or by machine?
                              Darren F

Comment

When will D151 comes to Asia ?
                                Especially Singapore and/or Malaysia !

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');