• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with my prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with my prices

just started a mobile detailing business and trying to figure how to set prices.there is not really on one else doing it a round here.so its hard to set prices. for a wash,wax , interior cleaned&vac windows done and wheels&rims cleaned&dressed i charge $50 for small cars,$70 for full size cars,$60 for small trucks , $75 for large trucks,$125 for large trucks with extra cabs and suv's. need to know if i should rise prices are not

Re: help with my prices

I'm up in Jacksonville, FL and so far from what I can tell FL tends to lend itself well for detailers as long as you stand behind your work and produce quality results. If you do it right you dont need to worry to much about growing to a steady flow of clients. As far as my prices this is what I use at the moment:

$30 for a wash, interior wipe down, and vacuum with a min of 2 vehicles (so a $60 min) I cant justify traveling all the way to someones house just to do a simple wash on one car.

$150 for a basic full detail with minor scratch touch ups and spot stain removal in the interior

Major details start at $200 (or reconditioning as some call it, removing swirls, scratches, deep clean interior, everything basically)

Also, if you do quality work try to set your clients up on a regular service intervals. That way you can start building a good base.
    Forever New
    Mobile Detailing
    Jacksonville, FL

Comment

My lowest prices are $25 for cars and $30 for trucks but this is just a basic wash and vacuum, glass tire shine ect.

Mid is $45 for cars and $55 for trucks, consists of a wax, interior, tires, wheels ect.
      My premium package consists of everything paint cleaner (clay also used), polish, wax, tires, wheels, carpet stain remover and basically all the interior. I charge 80 for cars and 90 for trucks. I have had a few customers so far and got a great response from all. I think mine are a little cheap I would consider raising my premium package up another 10 dollars. Hope this helps.
      Alex
      1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
      1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
      1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

I can't recommend prices for you area, but there are two guidelines I stuck with that have worked....

1. your minimum price, the price for the simplest service (usually just a wash & vac), should be at the very least $25-30, to be much higher than the usual $10-15 at the regular auto wash places... this is just to show that you actually spend time to do the job right and people get what they pay for
        2. set all your prices as a "starting price" because it's easier to size up a car and give a price than to have a set price and try to figure out whether you'll fit a certain car into the $50 or $75 category... it simply allows flexibility not only for current situation, where it makes it easier for you to price a detail, but also for any future growth and price increases; for example, you can wash a regular sedan (toyota camry) for $25 now, but in a year charge $25 for a vw golf and $30-35 for the camry

hope that helps some (and makes sense haha)
        Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
        Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

Another thing that really matters when setting prices is your quality of work. Like i have alot of mobile detailers out here that price around 30 or so but they also are real fast and they use cheap products and cheap microfiber rags and the same rags on multiple vehicles and dont use the two bucket method, just basically a quick detailed wash. In and out in 30 mins compared to someone like me I use the two bucket method and a new clean hand inspected microfiber mit on every vehicle. I often take minimum of 1 1/2 to 2 hours for a basic wash so obviously i would charge more than the other guy. Which my price will be around 40 which i think is still kind of low for the quality but im still new to my area. Like right now im still going with my promotional prices at 25 for a basic wash and thats crazy for my type of work but i had to get my name and quality out there some how. So now that i have more and more customers on a daily basis and i help them understand the difference between me and the other guys they will not have a problem paying the extra money so i can raise my prices compared to if i started high they could have went with the other detailers and never found out the correct way to do things. Ok well thats just my input and hope it helps
          ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
          Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
          210-281-8151

Comment

You might find some good reading in the For the pros... thread. It doesn't give any specifics about pricing, rather it approaches the issue and should point you in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');