• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1967 Rambler Extreme Makeover - April 24th Open Garage Pictures & Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1967 Rambler Extreme Makeover - April 24th Open Garage Pictures & Comments

WOW!!!!! That thing turned out great!

The top, the hood even the trunk, which was really bad. Can't wait to see some full sun shots.

Andy
    101impala
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Hey you guys did use the Universal pad washer. I guess I missed it.
      Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
      www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
      Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Wow that is what I call a extreme makeover well done everyone
        Now I'm Shaw others would like to no what products you used to bring back that classic rambler
        Have A Smurfie Day
        Take Pride In Your Ride...

Comment

I seen you guys do some great things on the extreme makeovers. But the improvement on the Rambler is unbelievable. Great work everyone. The Rambler looks fantastic.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Snapped a picture of dietoremain's lowrider...

We have more pictures from this extreme makeover that include,

The after pictures
            The Chrome Extreme Makeover
            The Clear Plastic Window Makeover

Working on the pictures...
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

lol thanks mike, thats my baby!
              I need to get polishing on that paint though..
              02 Ford F250 Super Duty
              International T444E 7.3L Diesel
              Not exactly stock...laundry list of mods.
              Straight Piped
              PHP FU chip

Comment

More pictures from this phenomenal night and more yet to come!

Sorry for the delay, there's only so much "Typing Time" in each day and that includes processing photos...

Nuff said, here you go and more to come having to do with other things we did this night.

Paul and Jesse attack the old paint using wool pads on rotary buffers and M105

Here's some before and after, side-by-side shots that show just how dirty and oxidized this old paint job was, key word being was

It was dark out when we took these shots so if you're wondering how we lit up the deck-lid...

This is how...

After we took the side-by-side shots we turned Jesse loose [yet again]

What's funny is we were low on M80 which we usually use on all our single stage extreme makeovers so we were using everything in the cupboards... what's cool about Meguiar's products is even if it's the wrong product you still get great results in most cases especially with single stage paints.

Below after cutting out all the dead, oxidized paint Jesse machine glazes the paint with #3 Machine Glaze, a product that's been around longer than just about anyone reading this thread, including myself.

Here's some AFTER shots... Man this was a fun car to work on!

More to come, we have chrome restoration, we have flexible plastic restoration and pad cleaning resuts... so hang tight... we'll try to add more as we can carve out the time.

And a BIG thank you to Eric who did all the work it took to get this car here... THANK YOU!

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

The rambler looks new. Everyone did a fantastic job. Way to go guys.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

What a great job!
                    You guys did a wonderful job

Comment

You guys really did amazing work. That paint looks dead. You all brought it back to life!
                      -Bob
                      NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

what a nice transformation guys, congratulations,

Comment

Here's the Transformation Team

There were actually quite a few other people that helped with the extreme makeover they just left before the the end of the night and that's usually when the Transformation Team shot is taken....

More pictures to come....

Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post

There were actually quite a few other people that helped with the extreme makeover they just left before the the end of the night and that's usually when the Transformation Team shot is taken....

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Whatever happened to this thread? Where's the rest of the pictures?
                              Shane
                              1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
                                Whatever happened to this thread? Where's the rest of the pictures?
                                Story of my life...

It's very time consuming to process, upload, insert photos.

I still have photos from the Detail Fest to process, upload and insert. Just did these today, and after tomorrow's class I'll have more to do.

It's a very time consuming portion of my job. I've also got a newsletter to finish writing and I have to process photos for this each time.

Always doing my best...

Mike Phillips
                                760-515-0444
                                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');