• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shampoo water temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shampoo water temperature

anyone particular about the temperature of the water?

do you regulate the temperature of the water used for mixing with the shampoo? eg gold class, hyperwash...etc...

i find that in the evenings, the only time i get to detail, the temp of the water too cold. is it safe to use hot water?
    -"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Re: Shampoo water temperature

Hot water is fine. Most of the time in the summer I just use cold water from the hose but on the cooler days I use hot water so it helps keep my hands warm.
    Scott

Comment

Is the water warm enough to flow out of the hose? Then it must be the right temp.! Seriously though, I suppose that there is a "text book perfect" temp, ph,, filtrated, deionized and polymorphichydrogenionbonded ultimate water type.

The reality is that for the typical advanced drive way detailer, we have to make do with our individual working environments. I have a filter placed ahead of the hose to catch the gunk that is typical in my from the tap city water.

If you have the inclination to carry warm water from the house to your wash area, then "GO FOR IT!" I think thats a pretty cool idea.

Comment

I use hot/warm wash water (from the house) for my wash and rinse buckets, but I use the regular garden hose (cold) for rinsing the car.
        ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

I use warm to hot water from the kitchen tap (after the filter) in my LGM that has the heater in it. The warmer you can keep the solution the better it will tend to loosen up what you are seeking to remove from the carpet or the upholstery. My kitchen is only about 30 steps from the driveway, however.....

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
            Hot water is fine. Most of the time in the summer I just use cold water from the hose but on the cooler days I use hot water so it helps keep my hands warm.

Same thing here... works well for me.
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by BINGO53 View Post
              "text book perfect" temp, ph,, filtrated, deionized and polymorphichydrogenionbonded

Mike Pennington
              Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
              Meguiar's, Inc.
              800-854-8073
              mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

I have heard that the warmer the water is the more effective it is when loosening dirt from the car's paint.

Comment

thanks everyone!
                  -"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');