• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dewalt rotary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dewalt rotary?

So...

I was at Lowe's today, and there was what looked like a dewalt rotary buffer sitting in the clearance area, and I ALMOST picked it up. But I kind of hesitated, because 1) it was on clearance, which means that either the store was discontinuing that particular product for sale at this location, or 2) it wasn't a hot selling item to begin with, so they were getting rid of it.

Can anyone tell me what the dewalt model # is for the rotary that I should get? I'm wanting to learn it, and I've got an old Corvette that I can practice on. It's got dead paint on it that's going to get a repaint in the near future, so if I burn through the paint to the primer, it's not that big a deal.

I've seen a couple of different rotaries (Makita, Milwaukee, DeWalt) and I was debating on which one to get; my dad has become a huge DeWalt fan as of late, so I'd probably end up going that route.

Re: Dewalt rotary?

Dewalt makes three rotaries - DW845, DW847, and DW849. The DW845 has a constant speed which is too fast. The DW847 only goes to 1750.

By far, the DW849 is the most popular of the bunch.

Honestly, I'm kinda surprised they put the Dewalt on clearance. Mine doesn't even have any in stock.

Last year, Lowes put the PC 7336 up for clearance and gave a really nice discount.

Of the three brands listed, the Milwaukee rotary is not as popular. It weighs a bit more than the Dewalt.
    Chris
    Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Re: Dewalt rotary?

Well, I'm wondering if it was the DW845...It was one without a case (floor model), so I wasn't sure I wanted to buy it. But I've been kinda looking at the DW849 via the DeWalt website, so I'll probably end up buying it in the near future.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');