• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shelf Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelf Life

I was wondering if car wax ect. has a shelf life.
    I have a tube of scratch X open and a couple of years old.
    It's gotten very watery. Seems to work the same.
    I had a bottle of a wax (not Meguiars) do the same thing.
    Any info? Thanx

Re: Shelf Life

The official Meguiar's recommendations are...

You can typically expect Meguiar's surface care formulations to retain their full effectiveness for three to five years, as long as the container has been sealed tightly, and has not been frozen.

Always shake Meguiar's liquid products well before using, especially if they have been sitting for an extended period of time.
    I have products that are older and still work just fine. The only time I run into problems is letting them freeze. If your product is watery shake it up the best you can and try to get it to mix back together. When the product does go bad, it won't mix.
    Scott

Comment

Yea, I have products that are over 5 years old and they seem to work just fine. Bottle of scratch-x just happens to be one of them.
      Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Originally posted by BlueLibby04 View Post
        Yea, I have products that are over 5 years old and they seem to work just fine. Bottle of scratch-x just happens to be one of them.

SYDSTER

Comment

I believe most products will easily last five years if sealed properly and kept in good environment. A little common sense goes a long way when storing your chemicals.

Btw, do any of you shake up your products just for the heck of it periodically? Every once in while I just get the urge to stand at my cabinet and give everything a good shaking.
          Last edited by TXShine; Apr 9, 2008, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TXShine View Post
            I believe most products will easily last five years if sealed properly and kept in good environment. A little common sense goes a long way when storing your chemicals.

Btw, do any of you shake up your products just for the heck of it periodically? Every once in while I just get the urge to stand at my cabinet and give everything a good shaking.

GUILTY as charged.

Comment

x2. Its just like anything. Proper care and storage will maximize product shelf life.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thank you all.
                I kinda find myself going with the shaking from time to time plan.
                Anybody have any idea what causes the watery thing to happen?

Comment

Originally posted by TXShine View Post

Haha, isnt that embarrassing?

Funny how most of us do the same things.
                  Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                  Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

From the FAQ on www.meguiars.com here,

http://www.meguiars.com/faq/

21. What is the shelf life of Meguiar's products?

You can typically expect Meguiar's surface care formulations to retain their full effectiveness for three to five years, as long as the container has been sealed tightly, and has not been frozen.
                    Always shake Meguiar's liquid products well before using, especially if they have been sitting for an extended period of time.

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');