• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M66 pad choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M66 pad choice

What is the suggested pad for use with M66?
    AeroCleanse, LLC
    Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
    www.aerocleanse.com

Re: M66 pad choice

W8006 - swirl removal (first choice for using #66)
    W9006 - micro marring removal
    Chris
    Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Chris said it all.

Comment

Thanks!
        AeroCleanse, LLC
        Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
        www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

You get unbelievable results using #66. I think its a very good product.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

What is it comparable to? I ordered one just to try...

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
            You get unbelievable results using #66. I think its a very good product.

Comment

Originally posted by Mless5 View Post
              What is it comparable to? I ordered one just to try...
              I believe it's similair to Color X. M66 I think is a bit more aggressive.
              Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
              www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
              Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

W8006 polishing pad is definitely a best pad to use.

W9006 is good if the paint is really soft or you dont want any correction.

I've actually used the W7006 with excellent results on light coloured cars and hard paints. It really removes the swirls in one step. You'll get a bit of marring if the paint is soft which is why its not reccomended by meguiars.

I've used it with Edge yellow foam pads which is inbetween the meguiars cutting and polishing pads. Again excellent results with no marring.

Also lake country low profile 5.5inch orange pads works great. Probably has the most correction out of all the pads and again its marr free on everything except the softest of paints.

The next bad car i get im going to try the solo wool light cutting pad but this time with a rotary! I wanna see how much cut i can get without inducing holograms or marring.

Comment

Originally posted by Maz View Post

I've actually used the W7006 with excellent results on light coloured cars and hard paints. It really removes the swirls in one step.

You'll get a bit of marring if the paint is soft which is why its not recommended by Meguiar's.
                  Correct. We don't recommend our cutting pad for use with DA Polishers.

In some cases the pad works great, but in most cases the foam is too aggressive and will haze or micro-mar the clear coat.

This is pretty easy to see and demonstrate on clear coated black paints but can be hard to see on lighter colors. It's important to understand that if it's happening to clear coated black and dark colors that it's also happening to lighter colors it's just that our eyes can't see this hazing as easily on lighter colors.

The hazing can be polished out, but this starts to make things complicated as far as teaching people that the cutting pad will remove the defects but also haze the paint, so now they need to remove the haze.

It requires more pads, more steps and more products. If we recommend using our W-7006 Foam Cutting Pad with our DA Polisher, in a way it means that we're teaching people to haze their paint which just doesn't feel comfortable because we teach people how to create show car finishes, not haze their paint.

In most situations, the W-8006 can remove most defects if the polisher is used correctly, anything it cannot remove in a few applications, means either the defect is too deep or the paint is not very polishable and at this point we recommend people,

• Switch to a rotary buffer
                  • Learn to live with the deeper defects
                  • Hire a professional detailer that is proficient with the rotary buffer to remove the defects.

So for these reasons, Meguiar's continues to not recommend using our foam cutting pad on the D/A Polisher and we will also not allow our members to recommend it.

Thank you.
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');