• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pontiac Grand Am MakeOver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pontiac Grand Am MakeOver

ok, I don't have pictures yet due to my phone shut off but will have some pictures tomorrow.

I will share what I used and some pictures from before the extreme make over (And when I mean extreme) I mean it. I started at 4:30 central time and had to stop due to it being dark (At around 8:30), so for about 4 1/2 hours I got a lot done.

The list that I used.

Washing

Clay kit (Went through about 1 bottles that comes with it, plus an additional bottle). I clayed for about 2 hours because the paint was like sand paper before I started.

Gold Glass car wash

Paint Cleaner

ScratchX

Even-coat applicator

Soft Foam Applicators.

PlasticX

For the wheels I striped the clear coat off due to it looking really bad and used the following Iteams.

Tire Foam

Mag & aluminum Polish

Several terry cloths

Steel wool (All grades)

Airplane paint stripper

and for the inside:

Gold Glass rich leather for the dashboard steering wheel and everything else that might be leather.

Quik Out carpet stain remover.

Vinegar & Water in a spray bottle for the inside windows. (This cleans with a streak free shine) (Can be used on the inside and outside windows)

Also to add to this the inside tint that was scratched was been replaced.

{Reserved For Pictures}

Re: Pontiac Grand Am MakeOver

Sounds like it is going to look pretty good! Did you get any wax on there?

Can't wait to see the pictures!

Comment

Well that was the problem. I was going to but then I decided not to due to the fact that I have to make a claim tomorrow due to the hail storm we had here a couple of days ago but I did what I could do in the time that I had.

Comment

Sounds like you had a busy day. Good luck with the claim for the hail damage.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Well I got the car estimated earlier today and it's going to cost a total of 2,346.94 to get it completely repaired.

I do have pictures no and will upload them when I get the chance... Had some family issues come up. But I will upload new pictured of the car when it gets out of the body shop.

Comment

When we had some hail damage, we went with the paintless dent repair. Is this the option your using?

Comment

We went with both to be honest... There is not much paint chipped on the whole car except on the truck of the car.

They found dents on the hood, roof, side panels, window, and the trunk of the car. But the also included the paint job when they are all done.

Comment

Sounds like there are going to be busy. Good luck with the repairs.

Comment

Ok, sorry for the delay but I didn't have the money to phone my phone bill till today.. but I will have pictures posted later on today. Uploading them right now to photobucket.

Comment

The administrator wouldn't let me edit my post, so here's the pictures...

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');