• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock Alloy Factory Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Alloy Factory Wheels

Can someone help guide me to product that will remove grime-possibly brake dust that is embedded in wheel where it isn't smooth,but slightly rough.
    Also a product that will protect and shine these factory alloy wheels. Thanks,John

Re: Stock Alloy Factory Wheels

i suggest trying car wash soap and then clay..... then maybe DC1.... and then maybe hi tech yellow wax bc i believe it dries clear so even if you cant remove it completely it wont show....

Comment

depends on wheel...

Clear coated, polished etc.

Let us know and post a pic and maybe we can narrow down the cleaners for you.

Aaron
      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I believe they are clear coated alloy factory wheels? Just the side of wheels which are a little rougher have this embedded grime. Do you thing Scratch X will help?

Comment

You can try ScratchX but I think maybe it would be more effective to clay the wheels and then wax them.

Comment

If they are alloy then the usually have a clear coat on them. I have some alloys and they are clear coated. I have/had this same problem with embedded brake dust on my rims and I just took the easy way out due to not actually finding anything that would get it off.

I tried:

Goo Gone

BrakeKlean

WD40

Megs All wheel cleaner (Helps a little but not much)

and other things. (You could look up aceton but that would strip the clear coat and might damage the alloy) But look it up before going that route.

I used:

Airplane paint stripper (Does strip the clear coat)

Metal Wool (All grades)

320-400grit sand paper

megs all metal polish.

This does remove the build up but takes some time to actually get it all depending on how bad it is. When I get my phone back on I will show you a picture of a before and after of the rim.

Comment

Have you tried any wheel cleaners? If so, which ones?

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');