• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And a rave for #39 Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And a rave for #39 Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner

Yeah, the wifemobile again. Her car's interior is an endless expanse of light tan plastic and vinyl.

Heavy Duty describes this one well; if you spray it on a grease stained panel and wipe it right off, the grease stains are gone where the droplets were!

It works best on textured vinyl in conjuction with a short bristle brush. The brush helps it get into the texture a bit better.

I followed with my old standby, #40. Voila; new car!

Tom
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Hi Mosca,

Thanks for the Rave!

I"m with you on this one, M-3916 Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner is a product I always like to have on hand.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Y'know, interior cleaning products aren't as sexy as the polishes and waxes, Mike. But those are the ones that can make or break the job. #39 with a short bristle brush in the crevasses, APC+ on a stain that I thought was permanent, #40 with its leathery smell, Accent Dressing in a convenient spray for the climate and radio controls, PlastX for the gauge cover, stuff like that is what I mean. Getting the dirt and crud out of the crevasses is what makes it special. The devil is in the details.

The exterior stuff makes the car LOOK new, but it's the work you do on the inside that makes it FEEL new.

I gave Mary Jeanne (13 year old daughter) $35 for helping all the way through, and now she wants to know if we can put flyers in the grocery stores and make some money on the side, cleaning cars!

Tom
      As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

I agree with Mosca, correctly detailing the interior can be the final piece to the puzzle when detailing for a show. While I work on the exterior, my wife works the interior with #40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner and Medallion Leather Cleaner. At a recent show, we placed first in class and won Best Interior in class. Our Corvette is a driver, but with Meguiar's help, it's also a "trophy hunter"!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');