• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mirror Glaze Plastic Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror Glaze Plastic Cleaner

Mirror Glaze Plastic Cleaner

Here's an early glass bottle of Mirror Glaze Plastic Cleaner. The part number for this product is MGH-10, the complete part number would be MGH -1008 as the last two digits in the part number indicate the size, in this example the Plastic Cleaner came in an 8 ounce bottle.

There's some staining on the back label, but if you look carefully you can that this product met the criteria for Military Specifications MIL C 5547

And to help with perspective on it's size, here it is pictures next to a 16 ounce bottle of MGH - 0716 Sealer and Reseal Glaze now called #7 Show Car Glaze.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Mirror Glaze Plastic Cleaner

As our plastic polishes evolved over time and were improved we switched them over to plastic bottles, here's a couple of bottles from the late 60's or early 70's

Here's the current packaging...

Here are two mist & wipe, spray detailers, kind of like Quick Detailer is for paint, these are quick detailers for plastic.

And our most recent addition to our "Plastics Family" is our PlastX which contains a special type of diminishing abrasive that enables you to remove swirls, scratches, haziness, yellowing, and oxidation, as well as a protective polymer to help maintain plastic surfaces after application.

The legacy continues...

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

How old is this Mike?
      Meguiar's has I think a little too much in his history

Comment

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
        How old is this Mike?
        Meguiar's has I think a little too much in his history
        Our understanding is that if a bottle has the words Mirror Bright, that's an indicator it was made before World War II, if it has the words Mirror Glaze on the label then it's post-World War II.

The name change has to do with a posterity program initiated by the Government when the war started and placed a freeze on product prices, that is you had to freeze the price of existing products. Because costs of raw materials were going up in order to remain profitable the Mirror Glaze brand was introduced at a new price point as the freeze only affected existing products, not new products. At least that's what we were told and that's how we understand the story behind the change in the words used on the labels.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks for sharing.
          I guess one day there should be like a Meguiar's Museum, a lot of history behind the company

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
            As our plastic polishes evolved over time and were improved we switched them over to plastic bottles, here's a couple of bottles from the late 60's or early 70's

Here's the current packaging...

Here are two mist & wipe, spray detailers, kind of like Quick Detailer is for paint, these are quick detailers for plastic.

And our most recent addition to our "Plastics Family" is our PlastX which contains a special type of diminishing abrasive that enables you to remove swirls, scratches, haziness, yellowing, and oxidation, as well as a protective polymer to help maintain plastic surfaces after application.

The legacy continues...

Hey Mike, while cleaning out the garage I found a bottle of the MGH 10 Plastic Polish Mirror Glaze. Identical to the first bottle shown. The labeling is in excellent condition. I was gonna throw it out, but will save it for your collection if you want. Let me know, OK?

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');