• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know how hard Audi paint is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how hard Audi paint is?

I'm detailing a 2004 Audi A4 and was wanting to know if anyone has any experience with this sort of paint. Essentially, I want to know if the paint is difficult to work with and/or the hardness of the clear.

Re: Does anyone know how hard Audi paint is?

i never work on Audi's paint but as far as i know it's very hard paint to work with like all German cars.
    I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

We don't like to make blanket statements about the hardness or softness of the paint on specific models or manufactures of cars because paint technology is always changing and car manufactures can change paint systems at any time.

That said, we've personally worked on some Audi's that had really soft paint and Audi's that had some of the hardest paint we've ever worked on.

Here's reality, you don't know if the paint on your car is hard or soft, or workable or polishable until you go out into your garage and start working on your car's paint.

Whether working by hand or machine, after doing a test spot you should start to get an idea as to how easy or how difficult it is to get the defects you're trying to remove out of the paint.

What are you working on?

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I agree with Mike. Before I had worked on a G35 I had read that in two oaccasions they had soft paint & was generally easy to work on. When it came time for me to work on a G35 I experienced very hard paint where I had to use aggressive product. So you really won't know how hard or soft the paiint is without first trying out a test spot starting with the least aggressive polish & pad. Good luck on your detail!
        Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
        www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
        Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

We had a young man bring two different Audi station wagons to our Thursday night classes and the reason he brought them was because the paint was so soft he couldn't hardly wipe the paint with a microfiber without putting scratches in it.

Searched using Audi and the word blue, (One of the Audi's was blue), and couldn't find it, but here's the link to the pictures from Thursday Night "Open Garage"

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Looked some more... couldn't find the pics...

Sorry...
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');