• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford F-250 Black DETAILED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford F-250 Black DETAILED

First was the black F-150 that was detailed a couple of weeks ago which I thought was quite a bit of work. This weekend I took delivery of a Ford F-250 which is a bigger truck and also in black. The owner went off roading. When it came down to washing the truck he used a brush on the paint. I'm sure you all know where I'm going with this. Aside from this mistake I know the owner takes care of his truck. There was no need for a wash nor clay. I simply wiped it down with Last Touch and did my test spot.

Here is the truck which doesn't look too bad at first glance
    FORD F-250

Upon closer inspection the problem is highly visible
    FORD F-250
    Here is a side shot with more lighting showing how hazed up the paint is
    FORD F-250
    Here is a somewhat sun shot
    FORD F-250
    I did my test spot and what worked best for me was a
    7006 pad with #84.
    8006 with #80 both on a rotory
    FORD F-250
    Tail gate Shot
    FORD F-250
    Half Polished

Here is a shot of another panel prior to waxing. Still looked a little milky
    FORD F-250
    FORD F-250
    FORD F-250
    FORD F-250

The last 3 shots of the truck is close to completion with the sun setting rapidly I wasn't able to get some final sun shots in. It was a long day. 14 hours on paint alone. No interior work done. I have to say that there was very little holograms on the driver side door that I could not remove although I tried. I didn't want to polish anymore than I had to. I wasn't sure on the paint thickness and didn't have a thickness gauge. Besides the paint was acting a little weird in some areas of the truck.

There were some scratches that were a little deep which I could have removed but again decided not to with the fear of burning through the paint.
    FORD F-250

About the paint acting weird in some areas. When the customer came by to pick up his truck I asked him if there was any body work done & he said there was and some areas had been painted which explains the different reactions in certain areas. I feel I could have easily used another 4 hours. WHEWWW!
    Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
    www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
    Facebook www.detailing.com

Re: Ford F-250 Black DETAILED

Good job on a big job. Theres a lot of body on those F250s haha.
    Forever New
    Mobile Detailing
    Jacksonville, FL

Comment

Nice rotary work. Really made that black shine. I use to have a 3500 dually and I can remember standing there looking at it thinking "where in the world do I start". Again, nice job.
      2005 Trailblazer LT Majestic Red Metallic
      AutoGeek's 6th Annual Detail Fest & Car Show
      1st Place-Best Overall Detail
      3rd Place-Best of Show
      March 26th, 2011

Comment

Very nice work on the F-250!
        That's a lot of paint to correct.

Sometimes we can't have the paint 100% perfect but we can sure be close to it!
        Again, nice save bro, you are doing excellent and quality work, keep that up!

Comment

Great work again. Thats a beast of a truck to detail. Great work, way to go.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Nice work!

There is a lot of square area on the big Super Duty's isn't there? Add a canopy and trust me, it makes for a long day or two!

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Looking nice ....
              Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
              ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
              (269)650-2242

Comment

Great work! I love it!

I wish you were closer to me! Mine needs something like that bad and I just don't have the time!

Comment

Good Job Jesse, I like that truck too!!
                  Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Comment

Thanks guys for the kind comments. Yeah, there was quite a bit of paint to cover. I'm glad it didn't have a tonneau cover or a camper. The only thing that bummed me out was the few holograms I could just not remove on the driver side. Although they were very light I could still see them when I flashed the Xenon light from a distance.
                    Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                    www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                    Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');