• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car spray by a skunk!!!Solution please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car spray by a skunk!!!Solution please.

Hi,I ve received a call from my customer. She had 2 Rottweiler chasing a skunk and guess what , it went hidding under the car and sprayed the entire under panels.
    So is there products to remove that smell, her mechanic won t take the car if it still smells. I found this, anyone here tried it?
    OdorXit - Eliminate Pet & Life Odors For Good! Works On The Toughest Odors!

Re: Car spray by a skunk!!!Solution please.

Bummer! My dog got sprayed a few times. I don't remember what we used to wash her but it took a few times. I would think the only way is with a special product like the one you linked.
    Scott

Comment

We also had our dog sprayed recently, and we tried everything, and nothing worked but this combo....

1 quart 3 percent hydrogen peroxide (fresh bottle)

1/4 cup baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)

1-2 teaspoons liquid dish soap.

Ingredients must be mixed in an open container and used immediately. Never mix the ingredients in advance because oxygen released from hydrogen peroxide may cause a closed container to explode. The solution can be used on people or pets; avoid splashing the product in the eyes or mouth. Allow the solution to remain on hair for five minutes before rinsing with water. Repeat as needed. Do not use this solution on clothing — it may discolor the fabric.

Not sure how it would effect a cars exterior surfaces...proceed with caution
      Mike Pennington
      Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
      Meguiar's, Inc.
      800-854-8073
      mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Thanks for the answers. But can i put this liquid in a close bottle and spray the bottom of the car?

Other used tomatoe juice, but i don t want do a double mess on the car and will it work on metal...?

Comment

Tough call....

The solution does create pressure, so closed bottle ??????
          Mike Pennington
          Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
          Meguiar's, Inc.
          800-854-8073
          mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

OK i will order that product and let you know. Insurances are involved and noone wants to do the job. Maybe a good opportunity to see how good this product is. He said it is very efficient and only one application is enough.

Comment

Maybe put it in one of those pump up pesticide sprayers. That way it will just pressurize it so you can spray it. Most of those come with over pressure release valves too.
              Scott

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');