• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chrome plated rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome plated rims

what is the safest combo (brush and cleaner) for chrome plated rims without scratching them??
    I AM HERE TO LEARN

Re: Chrome plated rims

well i like Hot Rims Chrome wheel cleaner because its made specifically for chrome so you know its safe and i cant really help you on the brush part because anytime you are using a brush you risk adding scratches to either paint or a delicate rim. They do have some soft brushes made for rims but i am still a little skeptical on using them so i tend to just hit it with hot rims then spray off after waiting for it to work on the dirt and grime then i touch them up with a good microfiber towel ( one damp and one for drying )
    ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
    Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
    210-281-8151

Comment

Originally posted by Derrickg32069 View Post
      well i like Hot Rims Chrome wheel cleaner because its made specifically for chrome so you know its safe and i cant really help you on the brush part because anytime you are using a brush you risk adding scratches to either paint or a delicate rim. They do have some soft brushes made for rims but i am still a little skeptical on using them so i tend to just hit it with hot rims then spray off after waiting for it to work on the dirt and grime then i touch them up with a good microfiber towel ( one damp and one for drying )
      That's why i didn't use any brush until now but i was wondering if there is something safe to use for those rims....
      I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

I've read some people use a separate wash mitt for their wheels.

I am on my last yellow Meguiars spoke brush which has been great, some and the wheel brushes can be found at discount stores like Big Lots and some dollar stores (not Dollar Tree, at least at mine).

Aaron
        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');