• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well should I trade in my Mustang for a roush stage2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well should I trade in my Mustang for a roush stage2?

Well should I trade in my Mustang for a roush stage2? Well I got the day off from work at the car wash due to weather so I had nothin else really to do so I decided to go tire kicking at a Ford Dealer. And I found sitting in a corner a 2001 Stage 2 Roush it is laser red with 34,00 original miles has great paint has some dings and the interior in alright. I convinced my dad to look at it. The sales men siad he would sell it to me for 15,000, so I got my dad down there and took it for a spin and I drove it and it was nice, It drove a little better than mine not much of a difference but wow the sound of that car was awesome. My dad asked the sales men if they would take 10,000 for it and my dad could not believe that the salesmen said lets talk inside and negotiate. I dad really does not want another car but I offered to trade mine in for it but I don't think it is the you know the special one you have have been searching for. I will up date as this goes. If anyone has had a roush please tell me if you like the car in the long run.
    Alex
    1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
    1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
    1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Re: Well should I trade in my Mustang for a roush stage2?

NO!! you should buy my car! do whatever your gut tells you.if your car now runs good and you like it keep it."if it aint broke dont fix it" then again i am sure that is a sweet car.

Comment

I have mixed feelings about it. I mean the car is all original when my car has a replaced motor wich I wish it did not. I know that there are not many roush mustangs for sale because they are great cars but I think I will look at it one more time but I would only get it if they gave me and my dad a awesome deal like 10,000 dollars I would buy it. It is one of those cars, it has almost everything you want but it is missing something. I prefer black paint but red still shows the gloss. It would have to be the one car you have been searching for. I do not think it is it but I will see what happens. If it is the one I would keep it forever. It would have to be the car that you will not get bored with. I may get bored of a roush and want to sell it.
      Alex
      1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

I may be able to help you out...

First off, you will want to know if it is a real one or not. There will be 3 things on the car that will let you know.
        1. There will be a plaque to the right of the steering wheel stating that it is a Stage 2.
        2. In the driver side door jamb, there should be a sticker stating when it was modified by Roush.
        3. In the passenger door jamb, there will be a sticker with a serial number on it.
        4. In case someone decided to get crafty and add these things, call 800-59-ROUSH with the VIN. They can look it up for you and tell you if it is real or not.
        As for how it drives, that car will drive 100 times better than your car, unless you have some money into your suspension. All of the V8 Roush cars come with a full suspension kit on them capable of over 1g in turns. As far as sound, you think it sounds good now, throw a set of SpinTechs on there...

Let me know if it is real or not (I can find out for you online as well), and some more in-depth about the condition of everything. What Roush options does it have? Wheels? Intake? Shifter? Gauges? Leather? Decals? Details brother, details. VIN if possible and the dealership. I can check a thing or two with the VIN and dealership, and possibly find a previous owner.

IMO, if you can get it, get it. If you want a Mustang, this is the one you need. You won't regret it later. Mine is my 1st car and the moment I saw it, I knew that was the one. I will have mine forever. The best Mustang out there. If you get bored with a Roush...yeah.

Here's a clip of my exhaust with the Spintechs. It is pretty loud, can be heard from quite a distance. BTW, that white sticker is the one I listed above in the driver side door jamb.

Comment

Here is what the dash plaque should look like:

It probably won't, but it may have these badges on the side:

and these on the trunk:

Comment

If it's truely a Roush 2 and the miles are legit, the price seems right. I say go for it.
            Daily Driver - 1990 Mustang LX - 5.0L
            Doesn't Leave Garage - 1995 Mustang GT - 5.0L

Comment

Tyler know what his is talking about!
              Keep us updated

Comment

That is the car I am looking at I got it off the dealers web site. It has the roush Chrome wheels. It does not have a short throw shifter. Interior is two tone tan and red. I have to go to work I will be back on later.
                Alex
                1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Picture won't load (shows address as Http://*********), but is that Folsom Lake Ford!?!?!?!?!?

That is where I go to get my car worked on! I saw that car a few weeks ago when my oil was getting changed. Were you there on a Saturday by any chance looking at it? I remember seeing 2 guys looking at it when I was pulling out...

If so (I'm almost 100% sure), I have talked to some of the sales guys there before...

Comment

Yeah I was there on saturday. On the 29 of march. I was looking at it for a while for about a couple of hours. That is Folsom Lake Ford. I know that they are pricey. My dad told me to wait a week before going back to see it and if it still there we will consider it. man those salesmen are good. They are like sharks. Tyler If you want to see a better pic check out the Folsom lake Ford site. I car faxed it and 3 things rang up. Two electrical problems and 1 service claim it does not say what the claim is. I mean it is a great deal for what it is. I would like to have it but it may not happen. What are some good ways to bring the price down?
                    Alex
                    1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Found some pics on their website of the car.

Looks pretty sweet- better look out because i', looking for my first car.
                      1988 Toyota Tercel 1.5l I4 - AKA the BEAST
                      1994 BMW 325CI
                      2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
                      SR Detailing

Comment

When I got to drive it the salesmen told me that there was a couple inside trying to buy the car so who knows it may be gone. I just want the car to go to a good home were it will be taken care of and treated like the prince of cars. The spoiler is in bad shape it is wavey and oxidized. or fading. It has its share of scratches and has five door dings on it tht er noticable. The seats have a couple of tears and a were spot on the seat from daily use. I am thinking about getting it. Going back on next saturday.
                        Hey if you are looking for your first car maybe I can sell you mine (97 GT) when I need the cash to buy the Roush.
                        Alex
                        1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Idk, those black stangs look pretty sweet. I couldnt buy anything else but black if I was going for a car like that.
                          Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                          Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I know but red still looks pretty awesome. One of the most popular colors on a Mustang.
                            Alex
                            1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Originally posted by stang97 View Post
                              Yeah I was there on saturday. On the 29 of march. I was looking at it for a while for about a couple of hours. That is Folsom Lake Ford. I know that they are pricey. My dad told me to wait a week before going back to see it and if it still there we will consider it. man those salesmen are good. They are like sharks. Tyler If you want to see a better pic check out the Folsom lake Ford site. I car faxed it and 3 things rang up. Two electrical problems and 1 service claim it does not say what the claim is. I mean it is a great deal for what it is. I would like to have it but it may not happen. What are some good ways to bring the price down?
                              The salesmen are going to be sharks, that's how they make money. If you want to check it out later in the day on Saturday, I could probably head down and help you out. In the mean time, if you have time, go to the service department with the VIN and ask if you can get a copy of the OASIS report. OASIS will tell everything the car has ever been into Ford for (repairs, maintenance, etc.). If for some reason they ask what for, just tell them you bought a used Mustang and are curious of the history. Just don't go to the salesman first otherwise they might catch on. If there are some concerning items on there, that would be a way to bring the price down. Second way to bring the price down, know the car and what it is (this is where I can help for sure).

When I got to drive it the salesmen told me that there was a couple inside trying to buy the car so who knows it may be gone. I just want the car to go to a good home were it will be taken care of and treated like the prince of cars. The spoiler is in bad shape it is wavey and oxidized. or fading. It has its share of scratches and has five door dings on it tht er noticable. The seats have a couple of tears and a were spot on the seat from daily use. I am thinking about getting it. Going back on next saturday.
                              Hey if you are looking for your first car maybe I can sell you mine (97 GT) when I need the cash to buy the Roush.
                              He told you that so you would feel the need to spend more money than you want to get the car before someone else does. The more money you spend, the more money he gets. If they ask you a payment and you say something like $200, and they up to....you say $200. Even an extra $25-$50 month is ALOT of room to play with. DO NOT BUDGE on the budget YOU want!!! It is their job to make you go with theirs. As for the things you mentioned, more room to bring the price down.

Did they price your trade? If so, was it below blue book? If not, you need to get a copy showing what it is worth when they try to screw you on your trade (another one of their specialties).

I know but red still looks pretty awesome. One of the most popular colors on a Mustang.
                              Laser Red was an option on the Roush cars that year too.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');