• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think?

So I am going to be taking care of my dads S-430 this coming weekend. His car is a dark Grey with very faint swirl marks. Going go run through the following. What do you guys think?

1. Wash & Dry (Meguiars NXT Wash)
    2. Clay (Meguiars)
    3. Menzerna Nano Polish --> White Pad Light Cut (Orbital Buffer)
    4. Klasse AIO (Hand Apply)
    5. Klasse SG (Hand Apply)
    6. 24 hour Curing Period for Klasse SG
    7. Poor Boys Natty Blue Wax Paste (Hand Apply)
    8. Quick Detailer (Meguiars Ultimate)

*I am thinking of replacing steps 4-6 with Meguiars #21 Sealant. Would it work better then Klasse AIO & SG?

Re: What do you guys think?

I've never used the products you are going to.
    I've googled it and seen that you are using the same type o product over and over again, it's just a waste of time and product in my opinion.

Your process should look something like this
    Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

For example.
    1.Wash and Dry (good)
    2.Clay (good)
    3.Menzerna Nano Polish (defect removal)
    4.Klasse AIO (it's an all in one product, so it removes defects and protects it)
    5.Klasse Sealant Glaze (protective seal)
    6.Poor Boys Natty Blue Wax Plaste (another wax)
    8. UQD (maintain)

What I'm seeing is that you are repeating and repeating the same thing again and again. Like if you are using Menzerna Nano Polish (cleaning process) and you are you going to use an All in One product (Klasse AIO) plus a couple of more different wax. Why is this?

Another thing that you should clear up is this, and please read What's the deal with "Layering?", I guess that you are using so many waxes.

I'm not trying to say that the products are bad, can't really say this because I've never used them but maybe if you are using so many waxes it's because of something, one gives you something that the other doesn't so my suggestion is, have you tried a high quality wax that could give you the same advantages and results as the 3 waxes you are going to use combined? Maybe you could try NXT 2.0 or #21 2.0 and see the results.

I really don't know about Menzerna, don't know the results it gives but maybe you could try this.

1.Wash and Dry
    2.Clay
    3.Menzerna Nano Polish
    4.Meguiar's #7
    5.Meguiar's NXT 2.0 or #21 2.0
    6. UQD

It's less work, less time and the results would be as good as your process or better.

Hope this helps, maybe some of the member that have used these products can give you some tips. Good luck with your detail

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');