• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headlight lenses....Dingy and yellow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight lenses....Dingy and yellow

Another thing. What is the best way of cleaning these things? Mine are a little dingy and yellowing, probably due to being parked a lot lately. I got them pretty clean in the past, but i know i can do better.

Re: Headlight lenses....Dingy and yellow

Have you tried Plast-X?

Andy
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Get some PlastX and with a terry cloth towel and some of passion behind it give it as many applications of this as necessary.

Remember if a little polishing makes it look better then a lot of polishing will usually get you all the way there.

Good luck with your headlights

Comment

wetsand and use plastX it is an AMAZING product

Comment

Plast-x and a terry and lots of passion = good looking headlights.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by DieselMDX View Post
            wetsand and use plastX it is an AMAZING product
            Before you wetsand the headlights it's better to give it a shot only using PlastX because some headlights come with a UV protective coating that you'll remove when you wetsand.

Remember always use the lease aggressive method, in most of the cases PlastX with a terry cloth towel and lots of passion behind will clean up and restore most headlights

Comment

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
              Before you wetsand the headlights it's better to give it a shot only using PlastX because some headlights come with a UV protective coating that you'll remove when you wetsand.

Remember always use the lease aggressive method, in most of the cases PlastX with a terry cloth towel and lots of passion behind will clean up and restore most headlights

I agree with yalerd, see what you can accomplish with just the PlastX first. You can always get more aggressive if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by TXShine View Post
                I agree with yalerd, see what you can accomplish with just the PlastX first. You can always get more aggressive if needed.
                +1 on this. GF's car had some bad hazing on them, and I used some Autosol, which is a metal polish, and I buffed the headlights out. Here's a before & after shot:

Before:

After:

Done all by hand, just a little bit of elbow grease. I don't recommend using Autosol to do this, though, because while it gave great results, it's also $12 for a small tube of it, and hard to find. PlastX is MUCH easier to find, and less than half the price for twice as much!

Comment

Thanks. As a matter of fact, i just got the plastx last week but haven't used it yet. Gonna get the newest wax, in paste form, this weekend. Just a little bit more to do on the new bathroom project, then the Mustang is next. Not allowed to touch the convertible til the bathroom is done.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');