• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Rims Metal Polish vs NXT Metal Polysh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rims Metal Polish vs NXT Metal Polysh?

How do Hot Rims Metal Polish and NXT Metal Polysh compare? I have used NXT Metal Polysh for over a year, but can't find it locally. I can find Hot Rims Metal Polish however. Does it work as well as NXT MP on bare aluminum wheels and chrome exhaust tips?
    2003 Mach 1
    Azure Blue
    5 speed/IUP
    2007 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    KY Horsepower

Re: Hot Rims Metal Polish vs NXT Metal Polysh?

Originally posted by MattN03 View Post
    Does it work as well as NXT MP on bare aluminum wheels and chrome exhaust tips?
    Yes.

Our new Hot Rims® Mag & Aluminum Polish offers better and easier cleaning than the NXT All Metal Polysh with the same brilliant results. Give it a try, we're sure you'll love it just as much if not better than the NXT All Metal Polysh.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

H/R Mag & Aluminum Polish is a newer formula and is specifically designed for polished aluminum....You'll get better performance out of H/R Mag & Aluminum on a polished piece.

As far as chrome goes, we just launched a product designed specifically for chrome. Hot Rims Chrome Polish.

While NXT Gen Metal Polysh is a good product, each one of the H/R products are more focused on the specific surface.

They will also be much easier to locate on store shelves....

Mike
      Mike Pennington
      Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
      Meguiar's, Inc.
      800-854-8073
      mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll give it a shot. I can't imagine anything better than the NXT though!
        2003 Mach 1
        Azure Blue
        5 speed/IUP
        KY Horsepower

Comment

I have a hard time finding any metal polish from Meguiars in any of my local stores. This includes Wal-Mart, O'Riellys, etc. Does anyone now anywhere elese I can try without having to order on-line?
          Erick Lawson

2007 Ford F-150 / 2004 Infiniti G35

Comment

Try calling Customer Care and tell them where you live and what you're looking for, sometimes they can help locate a store that's stocking the item you're looking for.

1-800-347-5700

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
              Try calling Customer Care and tell them where you live and what you're looking for, sometimes they can help locate a store that's stocking the item you're looking for.

1-800-347-5700

That's Quick! Thanks!
              Erick Lawson

2007 Ford F-150 / 2004 Infiniti G35

Comment

I found Hot Rims Metal Polish at my local Oreilly Auto store today. It'll be a few days before I get a chance to use it, but it like all Meguiar's products, it smells good-like peppermint to me... I'll try to post up what I think when I get around to using it.
                2003 Mach 1
                Azure Blue
                5 speed/IUP
                KY Horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                  Yes.

Our new Hot Rims® Mag & Aluminum Polish offers better and easier cleaning than the NXT All Metal Polysh with the same brilliant results. Give it a try, we're sure you'll love it just as much if not better than the NXT All Metal Polysh.

Is the HR polish safe for all wheels? I have a set of Work Wheels I want to take care of on the next full detail but have concerns about using something that will damage the finish. I believe these are uncoated aluminum but could be wrong

Comment

Hi:

Below is some good information about metal polishes that was posted by Mike Phillips. Not sure were the original thread is now. This is a copy of part of the thread from my hard disk.

The difference between Meguiar's Metal Polishes

The question was recently asked about what the differences were between Meguiar's Metal Polishes, the below was compiled to answer that question.

Hot Rims Mag and Aluminum Polish
                    Give your car’s chrome and un-coated aluminum a mirror-like shine with Hot Rims® Mag and Aluminum Polish. Created for superior results, Hot Rims Mag and Aluminum Polish is the safe, fast way to remove oxidation, tarnishes and stains for a brilliant finish. Tired of using hazardous chemicals or foul-smelling products that are hard to apply? Hot Rims Mag and Aluminum Polish has a hot, cinnamon scent and features a wide-mouth tin for easy access by hand or polishing tool!

G13508 ..........8 oz $6.99

NXT Generation All Metal Polysh
                    NXT Generation® All Metal Polysh cleans, polishes, and protects all wheels, stainless steel exhausts, chrome air intakes and valve covers, aluminum, brass, copper, silver and all other bright work components. Meguiar’s® Microscopic Diminishing Abrasive™ Technology (MDAT) removes built-up oxidation, tarnishing, and staining faster and safer than traditional harsh abrasives. Anti-corrosive technology locks in the shine. Use a High Tech Applicator Pad or Even Coat™ Applicator to apply and remove residue with an Ultra Plush Super Terry or Supreme Shine® Microfiber.

G13005 ..........5 oz. (148 ml) $6.49

Gold Class All Metal Restorer - Discontinued but included because there's a lot of this product in garages around the world.
                    It's a great choice for wheels and automotive metal trim, as well as household items such as faucets, silverware and brass candle holders. While gentle cleaners remove oxidation, dirt and other bonded contaminants, the rich polishing oils in this formulation create brilliant gloss, and a blend of waxes and polymers seal the surface to help retard tarnishing.

G9110 ..........10 oz. $5.99 (Discontinued)

All Metal Polish
                    All Metal Polish is a breakthrough formulation that safely and easily cleans, shines and protects. Deep cleans to remove tarnish, rust, oxidation, brake dust and corrosion. Safe on coated and uncoated wheels. Safe for all metals, including stainless steel, gold, brass, copper and pewter. Will not scratch and produces an amazing shine.

M2805 ..........5 oz. (148 ml) $6.99

Boat/RV Metal Polish
                    Formulated to easily clean away stains, oxidation and surface degradation and polish to a mirror-bright shine in one easy step. Anti-corrosive technology locks in the shine to all metal, including stainless steel and aluminum. This new technology was developed to clean faster and safer than traditional harsh abrasives.

M9314 ..........14 oz. $19.99

Additional Information
                    The above is the website and/or catalog copy for each of the products. Keep in mind there are only so many ways to make a metal polish, this means these product are more similar than they are different however believe it or not each formula is tweaked a little differently. Here's what we were able to find out.

Mirror Glaze Professional Line All Metal Polish - Our least aggressive metal polish. Contains protection ingredients.

NXT Generation All Metal Polysh - The aggressiveness level of this product is in-between All Metal Polish in our Professional Mirror Glaze Line and our new Hot Rims Mag Aluminum Polish. This metal polish provides protection ingredients.

Hot Rims Mag and Aluminum Polish - This is our most aggressive metal polish but rest assured it's still completely safe for the recommended metals. It provides the least amount protection out of all our metal polishes. (Likely there is a trade-off in cleaning strength and the ability to leave behind a coating of protection).

Boat/RV Metal Polish - This formula is very similar to our NXT Generation All Metal Polysh however there are some slight formula differences likely related to the conditions found in most Marine environments.

Technically, all of our metal polishes should only be used on bare metal surfaces. If you have some type of coated metal, for example clear coated aluminum wheels, then the first products of choice for this type of coating would be paint care products since you're working on paint and not bare metal.

The formulas for ALL Meguiar's products (company wide) are continually being updated as new chemistry and new technology becomes available. This includes our metal polishes.

Important Note: No Meguiar's metal polish should be used on gold plating. The surface is to soft and to susceptible to scratching especially if the wrong application material is used, (type of cloth for example).

Similar Products

While not a polish, because it's intended to protect metal surfaces in good condition or after being restored using one of our metal polishes, we've included it in this article.

Metal Guard
                    The revolutionary technology of this specialized formulation allows the longest lasting and most durable protection on the market today. Safe for all metals, it provides a protective coating on the surface which will prevent salt corrosion, water spots, marring and fading. The coating is microscopic and does not leave the surface feeling artificial or greasy.

M9214 ..........14 oz. (Can only be shipped by UPS Ground) $21.99

Regards,

KTruck
                    Make it Shine

Comment

Originally posted by MattN03 View Post
                      I found Hot Rims Metal Polish at my local Oreilly Auto store today. It'll be a few days before I get a chance to use it, but it like all Meguiar's products, it smells good-like peppermint to me... I'll try to post up what I think when I get around to using it.
                      I was able to try out the Hot Rims polish the other day on some bare aluminum surfaces on my ATV. The HR polish and a Mothers Power Ball worked wonders for the dull aluminum. I was very impressed with it and believe it works just as well NXT Polysh.
                      2003 Mach 1
                      Azure Blue
                      5 speed/IUP
                      KY Horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
                        Is the HR polish safe for all wheels? I have a set of Work Wheels I want to take care of on the next full detail but have concerns about using something that will damage the finish. I believe these are uncoated aluminum but could be wrong

The lip may be polished aluminum, but the center isn't. Rub some paint cleaner (DC1) on the lip, if it turns black, it is polishable. If not, it is either chrome or coated metal.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');