• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT on red VETTE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT on red VETTE

I finally got my Vette out of storage for a quick photo before I leave to California for a year. I have always used Gold Class on it and found out about NXT through the web site. Thanks Mike for inviting me out to Meguiars and teaching me about waxing!

I have never had my car look so red since I bought it! I guess one reason is the salesman told us to only us DAWN! I didn't think that sounded right...but I never owned a Vette before. Anyway, I know all the right things to do now. I washed with NXT car wash, clayed, Polished with DC, then 2 coats of NXT a day apart. Endurance on the tires and NXT protectant on the inside. Meguiars Gold Class Aloe conditioner on the leather. By the way, the leather has never been so soft! Thanks Mike for teaching me!

What year is that Vette?

To my untrained eye, it looks nearly identical to the one that the neighbor keeps telling me he's going to let me work (a 1994) on but hasn't as of yet (because he can't seem to stay in town on the weekends--being a bachelor with three vehicles, a huge house, and 'several' female friends must be a tough life).

Great job!!
    -The Final Detail-
    Lagrange, Kentucky
    thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
    CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Hey,

That is an awesome looking Vette!! Man that must be hard keeping it in storage!! I would be going crazy not being able to drive it!!

Cheers!
      Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

It is a '96. We just rolled it to the big 16,000 miles on her today! We keep it in storage and drive very little.

Comment

That is an awesome looking Vette!! Man that must be hard keeping it in storage!! I would be going crazy not being able to drive it!!
          Not as crazy as people have started driving! Do they hand out drivers licenses in a box of fruit loops now days or what?

Comment

Hi rdarwa,

Wow! Your Corvette is looking sweet!

Thank you for the kind words, you were an excellent student so you deserve credit too.

By the way, I know the feeling of bring a toy out of storage after owning a drag boat for 19 years. In Oregon, you pretty much put your boat away in October and don't get it back out again till Memorial Day weekend. After 7 months go by, you can kind of forget the thrill!

Then, that first day you pull the boat out of mothballs, refresh the engine, repack the wheel bearings, detail the every square inch of the boat, fill the tank full of 100+ Low Lead, then launch, and after letting the oil warm up STAND ON IT!.

(This is my attempt at cutting the boat out of a picture with a lot of trees in the background)

Then you remember the thrill!
            Then you remember why you bought the boat, (in your case the Corvette)
            Then you remember why it's worth suffering through 9 months of rain to enjoy 3 months of sunshine, if your lucky

(I always thought of my boat as a Corvette on the water)

Enjoy California!

Consider yourself welcome to any of the Saturday clinics if you're in the area.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hey Mike,

I remember you mentioning in a post that you used to work for HP (in Oregon, I presume). You also mention, in your Avatar story, that you have been detailing cars for ages. It seems that your hobby/sideline have intersected with your career now, but I was just curious what kind of job you had with HP?

Comment

Mike,

I will be leaving Houston on Tuesday for San Jose.

Ronnette

Comment

Hey guys,

Here is another pic!

Comment

Originally posted by Setec Astronomy
                    Hey Mike,

I remember you mentioning in a post that you used to work for HP (in Oregon, I presume). You also mention, in your Avatar story, that you have been detailing cars for ages. It seems that your hobby/sideline have intersected with your career now, but I was just curious what kind of job you had with HP?
                    I'll PM you, I don't want to hijack this thread anymore than I already have.

Ronnette

Have a safe drive and watch out for the crazy drivers. Keep an eye on the road to, the physical condition of many of the highways here in California is horrendous.

Mike
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Roads worse than Houston? No WAY! Is that possible?

Comment

Woohoo! Nice looking 'Vette! Is it an LT-4??

Hey Rockpick, you can tell it's a '95-96 by the side gills. The way they have that little ridge in the front started in '95 (though some 91-94 owners add them for some reason).

Hey Mike, so is this a mid-engined drag boat? Looks like the motor is over the back axle:

I bet it lays down a mean patch of rubber!

1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
                        2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
                        1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');