• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does my first product order look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does my first product order look?

Hope this post is ok....

I'm about to pull the trigger and buy a G110 with some product. Am I missing anything? I'm going through ADS and starting with package #2

G110 with backing plate
    2 - 8006 pads
    1 - 9006 pad
    2 - MF bonets
    some towels
    small clay bar
    #80 - 32oz
    Tech Wax
    Last Touch - 32oz

Adding to the package:
    #80 - 12oz sampler
    #83 - 12oz sampler
    2 - 8006 pads
    1 - 9006 pad
    1 - 7006 pad
    Some type of polish, not sure which one yet (new car, show car, machine etc..).
    I large medium clay bar
    wash mit (probably a microfiber)

Most of my cars are black, one dark brown and two that are white / silver.
    I have some swirl marks to attack!

My game plan is to start with deep crystal paint cleaner (I have two full bottles) to get a feel for the machine then work my way up to #83 if necessary.

Re: How does my first product order look?

#80 would likely be the easiest product to use ot learn on the G100, and you will certainly want more of it than just a sample. I would say to just get a quart of #80. Other than that, you look pretty good... and I'd go for the 6-pack of bonnets.

#7 Show Car Glaze is the top of the line polish for Meguiars if nothing else....
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

If it's in your budget, more W-8006 polishing pads, you can never have too many. It's good to start out with about a half dozen.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Why not go w/ package #3? It contains 3 8006 pads, c2000 (mild) clay bar and last touch (w/ a spray bottle) besides bonnets to use w/ your 7006 pad. Just a thought.

Just fill in the gaps as needed.
        I'm crafty, but not good at crafts.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525;202046I
          would say to just get a quart of #80.
          The package comes with 32ox of #80. I typoed, the other sample is #82.
          Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
          If it's in your budget, more W-8006 polishing pads, you can never have too many. It's good to start out with about a half dozen.
          Good point, since I have no "feel" for how long they last.
          Originally posted by Playr View Post
          Why not go w/ package #3? It contains 3 8006 pads, c2000 (mild) clay bar and last touch (w/ a spray bottle) besides bonnets to use w/ your 7006 pad. Just a thought.
          I looked at that. $30 more you get #2, #9, and an extra 8006.
          It's kind of a wash since I'm not sure I need #2 or #9 and I'm ordering a six pack of pads anyway. Plus I would be losing #80.

This is going to be a bit overwhelming when this arrives.
          Friend of mine has a dark silver 928 that is due for a paint job he said I could practice on.

The car in my avatar will the the 2nd to last car I touch with the G110

Comment

Its not that the pads dont last, its that they work better when not saturated with product. So for a car in good shape. just getting a quick cleaning, you could use 1 pad for #80 on the whole car. But for doing a lot of swirl removal, with #80 or #83, you could work more effectively using 1 pad for each half of the car, or even in thirds.

Then at the end of the day, you can just squeeze out the product in them and let them dry, or some folks do try washing them a bit.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Looks good! I agree with Murr too, love #7. #80 has the same polishing oils in it so you might not see much of a difference after you do a car with #80.

I didn't see any wash shampoo on the list. Also a grit guard is a must have.

Like the others have said too, you can never have enough polishing pads. When I started out learning the PC I would do good then my results would fade off. It was because I wasn't cleaning my pad on the fly. Now I just put on a fresh pad and clean them at the end.
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                I didn't see any wash shampoo on the list. Also a grit guard is a must have.
                I already have two full bottles of Gold Class car wash in the garage. Probably forzen soild right now.
                Grit guard?
                Like the others have said too, you can never have enough polishing pads. When I started out learning the PC I would do good then my results would fade off. It was because I wasn't cleaning my pad on the fly. Now I just put on a fresh pad and clean them at the end.
                I have 6-8006 pads on the way with 1-7006 and 2-9006
                Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                Then at the end of the day, you can just squeeze out the product in them and let them dry, or some folks do try washing them a bit.
                Sounds like a plan. I need to come up with a system to keep the pads seperate. Zip lock bags should work fine.

Comment

Totally up to you, but you'll need some additional Last Touch to lube all that C2000 clay. I added a gal of the stuff to my order. Even w/ package #3 + extras, I'll now order a 6pk of 8006 pads, APC, hyper dressing, wheel brightener and glass cleaner.
                  I'm crafty, but not good at crafts.

Comment

Grit Guard = greatest invention since sliced bread. You should be set with the Gold Class.

Pads sound good.

For pad storage I just use the bags they come in. Cut one end off then just slip them in there and I keep them all in a rubber maid container. You don't want to seal them up air tight your they will mold.
                    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Playr View Post
                      Totally up to you, but you'll need some additional Last Touch to lube all that C2000 clay. I added a gal of the stuff to my order. Even w/ package #3 + extras, I'll now order a 6pk of 8006 pads, APC, hyper dressing, wheel brightener and glass cleaner.
                      Very good point, I should have listed or at last hinted at my current inventory
                      I have at least five bottles of QD I can use with the clay, a full bottle of Meguiar's wheel cleaner, three different types of glass cleaner and a ton of other miscellaneous products to cover the interior and other parts.

This order was to cover all the "big stuff" to go with the G110.

I cannot wait to play with this stuff!!!

Grit Guard = greatest invention since sliced bread. You should be set with the Gold Class.
                      Looked it up, totally forgot to order one (it was on my mind at one point). I e-mailed ADS to add one to my order.

I need a 2nd bucket too, broke one last year.
                      You don't want to seal them up air tight your they will mold.
                      Oh yea, duh.....I know better.

Comment

You are going to have fun with all the things you are getting!

Comment

I'm probably going to become very annoying around here since I moonlight as a photographer so I will have lots of pictures of each car I detail this spring.

ADS was able to add a Grit Guard to my order.

Comment

Looks like a very good order. But have no fear. This is just the beginning. lol Enjoy all your new toys. Can't wait for the pics.
                            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by hacker-pschorr View Post
                              I'm probably going to become very annoying around here since I moonlight as a photographer so I will have lots of pictures of each car I detail this spring.

ADS was able to add a Grit Guard to my order.
                              Cool. I used to do some architectural photography for a construction company in town. If nothing else, it paid for all my equipment. I've been trying to get back into it this year. Did you take any classes in town? I took one maybe 5-6 years ago at the tech school. I was thinking of taking another one.

Looking forward to seeing some photos this spring.
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');