• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailers CANT GET IT OUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailers CANT GET IT OUT

Ok here we go.

First i had holograms, bad ones i used M83 cause there was no M80 in the island i live on. That took out the holograms but the car still had a whole lot of scratches which i may hve instilled with a cheap microfibre cloth i was using to wipe the M83 off.

i used scratchX for the scratches and rubbed it in good and proper like everyone on this site says to do. it removed it a bit but i thouht the work was too much for me (time wise) so i took the car to a detailer.

he tried sanding a small spot and a variety of different meguires products and pads on his mahcine. nothing took them out. i mean nothing. he then tried the gold class wax and long behold the scratches were gone.

however i know that there not gone, the wax is just covering them up and once the wax breaks down they will be back.

the clear coat on the car is from Dupont (dont know if that helps)

so please ANY suggestions would help.

Re: Detailers CANT GET IT OUT

By the way my car is Black (toyota 202 black).

Its a Lancer GSR 1996 and it was sprayed over bout a year ago.

Thanks

Comment

I think it would really help a lot if you had pictures.

SYDSTER

Comment

ill try and post some pics later on today.

one last question i had.

is gold class wax a wax, sounds like a dumb question but i read in a previos post that it wasn't and the NXT 2.0 spray on was just for touch ups. if so what should i be using for waxing?

Comment

Yeah, it would really help to see a pic!

Gold Class is a wax.

Spray waxes are more for touchups. While they do offer protection, it won't be like a liquid or paste protectant.
          Chris
          Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Thanks, ill try to take some pics in the sun,cause thats the only time u could really see them

Comment

If it's by Dupont maybe is"****** clear coat".that "****** " is a coat that it will protect your car from scratches,bird bombs etc etc as they said.i saw one black car that was covered by ****** when it was new and now it is full of scratches.
              A car painter told me that you have to remove completely the paint up to the metal to repair any scratches.Search about that because maybe this is the problem.
              Last edited by pampos; Mar 13, 2008, 09:10 AM. Reason: a
              I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Originally posted by Gaurav View Post
                Ok here we go.

First i had holograms, bad ones i used M83 cause there was no M80 in the island i live on. That took out the holograms but the car still had a whole lot of scratches which i may have instilled with a cheap microfiber cloth i was using to wipe the M83 off.
                Did the M83 leave acceptable result? Except for the deeper scratches?

RIDS = Random Isolated Deeper Scratches

If your detailer couldn't remove the RIDS by sanding and buffing then it could be they are too deep or the paint is too hard and trying to remove them could end up doing more damage than good.

It's always hard to say without being there to try ourselves but if we assume your detailer is qualified and experienced then if he can't get them out it could be a case where you may just have to learn to live with them.

You only have so much film-build or thickness to work with when it comes to the clear coat layer.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Maybe if you have or find someone who has a paint thickness gauge can help determine how much paint there is to work with around those deeper scratches. Because if there isn't much paint left it probably is better to leave as is. Like Mike said you can end up doing more harm than good.
                  Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                  www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                  Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

to be honest the detailers here dont have certification and that sorta stuff.

the M83 worked well and the scartchX followed by the M83 works even better.

the Gold class wax makes it look more than acceptable, i guess ill have to reaply the

gold class as it wears out, however long that maybe.

If the dealer here ever has meguires ppl coming in for training ill volunteer my car or something.

one last thing, will the quick detailer fill out the scratches like the gold class wax?

ill still post pics though

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaurav View Post

one last thing, will the quick detailer fill out the scratches like the gold class wax?

Do you mean

M66 Quick Detailer - A strong cleaner/wax - Yes this will act to fill and remove scratches.

A3316 Quik Detailer - A mist & wipe product for removing light dust, fingerprints and smudges. This product won't act to fill fine swirls and scratches.

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

ok so the car was dirty and its a night shot but even better cause the flash captured some stuff i cant see in the sunlight.

there holograms appeared to be gone after the M83, now after the gold class them seem to be back.

i dont understand it at all. im thinking of trying another detailer tomorrow.

the paint job costed me 1500USD and i think the car looks worst now.

Thanks again for all the help everyone.

Comment

Ouch...

Well, I hate to say this, but the holograms are still there. From the first pic, it kinda looks like a sunburst effect.

Can you circle the scratch you are concerned about? The swirls make it difficult to see exactly which one we are talking about.

Before you hand the car over to another detailer, ask him or her to do a test spot on the hood. In my opinion, the last detailer should have been able to atleast remove the holograms.
                          Chris
                          Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

may i know what kinda of machnine, speed + pad were the detailer using ?

Comment

that looks like something 83 and 80 should be able to fix with no problem..... my guess is your detailer is not good.... and that you are not working the 83/80 enough....use 8006 pad at speed 5..... remember to apply pressure.... about 20lbs..... and move slowly.... 1 or 2 quick passes isnt going to fix anything.....

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');