• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Wax or sealant???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Wax or sealant???

Okay, this has probably been asked a million times but I have done many searches and have not found a straight answer. Is NXT a wax or a sealant???
    Nothing but the best, That's why I use Meguiar's.
    1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Dark Baltic Blue
    4.6 32 Valve DOHC V8

it`s a wax!

Comment

Hey,

NXT Tech Wax is a synthetic Polymer.

Cheers!
      Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

What is a "synthetic polymer" in lamens terms??
        4.6 32 Valve DOHC V8

Comment

The only wax in NXT Tech Wax is the name on the label. It is a polymer sealant.
          Bob
          2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
          Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by 94gpse
            What is a "synthetic polymer" in layman's terms??
            In layman's terms, a synthetic polymer would be a man-made polymer. The word polymer is kind of a catch-all word that can stand for any group of molecules that repeat. (I think, I'm not a chemist).

There are three general groups or categories of waxes on the market.

Natural Wax Products - Like Carnauba-based wax

Synthetic Paint Protectant - notice the lack of the word wax. The word wax invokes thoughts in peoples mind of a waxy type substance usually Carnauba wax and often in a paste form, (but not always). Synthetic paint protectants are usually recognized as silicone and polymer based products and usually thought of as liquids.

Blended Waxes - These are waxes are made with a mixture of natural and/or synthetic waxes, i.e. a waxy type substance, and typically man-made ingredients such as silicones and polymers.

Tech Wax is a synthetic, i.e. man-made product. It would fall best into the Synthetic Paint Protectant category but the word Wax was used on the label because the majority of people in the world are not as AR as many of the people who hang out on auto and detailing related discussion forums and dissect everything to an extreme degree.

Most people understand that a wax is a product applied to the paint to add beauty and protection, thus Meguiar's chose to use this word in the name to keep it simple.

After all the words are bandied about, what it will always come down to are the results you see on your car with your own two eyes, regardless of what the words on the label say, or don't say.

Hope this helps...

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike, that is what I wanted to hear. That cleared everything up. Thanks Again
              4.6 32 Valve DOHC V8

Comment

Just so you know, Meguiar's doesn't actually manufacture any waxes based on Carnauba wax alone, all of our waxes that contain Carnauba wax are blended with other ingredients so that you get more benefits and features other than what a single ingredient can offer.

6. Are polymer sealants better than traditional carnauba waxes?

Mike
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');