• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultra-Cut Compound 105 in Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra-Cut Compound 105 in Action

Ultra-Cut Compound 105 in Action Video

Anything odd about the procedure?
    SYDSTER

Re: Ultra-Cut Compound 105 in Action

I saw that video, awesome. People ask me all the time what I use to keep our cars nice (although not totally swirl free but 95% there) and I tell them Meguiars and to come visit the site.

Aaron
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Well, he taped off the edges. Yet he worked with the hood up. Then he applies the wax with a w8006 pad? Were is the 9006 finishing pad? then apparently he applies the wax to almost a dry buff, then he removes it almost immediately? Then he immediately uqd's the surface.

Maybe in a class setting being pressed for time he did it this quickly. I still wonder about the W8006 pad to apply the wax.

I hope replying does not violate any forum rules. I am not trying to bash anyone. Not at all. Just commenting on the procedure used. I thought the procedure is different then what he does.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
        Well, he taped off the edges. Yet he worked with the hood up. Then he applies the wax with a w8006 pad? Were is the 9006 finishing pad? then apparently he applies the wax to almost a dry buff, then he removes it almost immediately? Then he immediately uqd's the surface.

Maybe in a class setting being pressed for time he did it this quickly. I still wonder about the W8006 pad to apply the wax.

I hope replying does not violate any forum rules. I am not trying to bash anyone. Not at all. Just commenting on the procedure used. I thought the procedure is different then what he does.
        Bingo! Thats what I thought too.
        SYDSTER

Comment

I saw that too, but figured there was an explanation to the 8006, I use it with ColorX..... Also, there may have been some editing done to the video with regard to wiping wax off, he did do a swipe test....

I rewatched it and saw what you guys were talking about

Good eye

Aaron
          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Maybe he wanted to use a more aggressive pad, don't remember that wax he used but maybe he wanted something more aggressive to remove holograms or things that the rotary can cause that you know the G110 won't.

Maybe he was looking for a perfect finish so he assured to use the G110 for that.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');