• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waxing a camper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waxing a camper?

A camper(pop up) just happened to makes its way into the family. Anyone ever try to wax one of these things? Can you use a regular wax on them? Owners manual states it needs to be waxed but Im not sure how to tackle it.

Its just the regular aluminum and fiber glass painted with whatever type of paint they use.

Anyone have any insight?

Im not really sure what to use on the tents that stick out each end given that I 'should' use something. It would definitely need to be something in a spray can since its so big.

Here a pic:

Thanks for any info.
    Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Re: Waxing a camper?

I would use any spray wax, just treat it like a car.
    AeroCleanse, LLC
    Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
    www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Might be a good time to use that Detailer Line wax.. cant think of the name offhand.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

X-Press wax.

Ive got tons of wax I need to use up. Mostly old DC #3 and cleaner wax. It wont be sitting out-doors since we have a building to put it in so that wax should last a good while.

I was more worried about how this paint reacts to wax. I guess I can wax it just like a car..

Also, just noticed we have a RV section, didnt know that.

Comment

I guess any wax should work, but do a that spot first in some inconspicuous area.
          SYDSTER

Comment

Ill make sure to take some pics of the outcome.

The surface is very textured so I have a feeling Im going to have troubles with wax lefted over. We will see sometime this week.

Comment

Here is a picture of it:

Figured I would use mag&Aluminum polish on the front and rear diamond plate. I only have the mothers Mini power ball so Ill probably just do it by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueLibby04 View Post
                Here is a picture of it:

Figured I would use mag&Aluminum polish on the front and rear diamond plate. I only have the mothers Mini power ball so Ill probably just do it by hand.

Morning,

I would suggest using either Meguiar's #20 Polymer Sealant or from the Meg's marine line, Flagship Marine Wax.

Be VERY careful around the decals as these will peel off very easily if you are not careful. For the diamond plate, the Powerball works very well, but be prepared to remove wax from around the crevices of the diamond pattern plate. I would probably use NXT Metal Polysh unless you are sure that the diamond plate is not coated.

Post some pics when done!

Tim
                Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');