• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Shine Tire spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Shine Tire spray

How is the Hot Shine spray for slinging? I don't the stuff all along the side of the new paint after the car show.
    Ray

1986 Camaro Z28

Re: Hot Shine Tire spray

ALL tire dressings will sling if you get too much on the side of the tire and then drive the car, it's called inertia and excess product will sling off. Most people think like this,

If a little is good, more is better

and this carries over to tire dressings.

Here's how you can apply any tire dressing and insure it won't sling off, after applying your choice of tire dressing and allowing it to penetrate for a few seconds or a minute or two, take a clean towel and wipe the tire down paying close attention to removing any excess out of the cracks, crevices and grooves.

At our house we have two piles of garage towels, good towels that we would touch paint with and "Tatty Towels", these towels are clean but we wouldn't use them on paint, instead we save them for grungy work like wiping excess tire dressing off tires to prevent tire sling.

Of course if you're goal is the shiniest tire you can get then wiping the tire tends to give you a matte finish, so if you want the Super Shiny look, then what you want to do is "Mist" a very light coat onto the tire and walk away, allow the mist of tire spray to atomize and cure onto the tire.

That way you won't have an excess of product to sling off.

Takes a little practice.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

FWIW,

In my humble experience, it's my go to product. I've used the Aerosol can (my favorite), spray and out of the bottle. When spraying, spray lightly and move the bottle like spray painting your old Huffy.... I have not had a sling problem. Like Mike said, if you use too much, then all of them will sling.

Aaron
      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I use it with a tire applicator (Eagle One). Spray onto the applicator and wipe it onto the tire. Works great and I've never had a problem with slinging....and I drive a black car, so I'd be able to see pretty easily if it was slung on the paint.

Comment

I agree with Nappers, Hot Shine is a go to product for me. I also like the can, but have used the spray and the gel versions. I like the can because that seems to be the easiest for application and doesn't overspray or get your hands messy.

I find that most of the time I detail my car in the evening and then usually won't go anywhere until the morning so I apply a little bit more than average, but it settle in there overnight and doesn't sling. Wiping off any excess is always a good idea if you plan on driving it again soon.
          "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');