• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Show Supplies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Show Supplies

Hello, I recently finished my first ground up build of a 36 Chevy truck. I have been invited to participate in an indoor car show in April. I would like to know what detailing products you suggest I bring with to the show. I have only used NXT paste wax on the truck since I brought it home.

Re: Car Show Supplies

Get some Ultimate Quik Detailer and a small pile of clean, very soft microfiber polishing cloths.

Give the paint a fresh coat of wax and then maintain before, during and after the show using the Ultimate Quik Detailer, it will make your paint incredibly clear and glossy.

Just curious, have you ever felt all the panels of the paint for any overspray? Often times a car with a fresh paint job, if parked near or around the body shop it was painted at will tend to pick up a little overspray as fresh paint is constantly being applied and it's possible it could get in the air and land on your new paint job before you take it home.

Just feel the paint with your clean hand after washing or wiping down the car and feel for an irregular or bumpy surface. A finish in excellent condition will be smooth and glassy feeling everywhere.

Good luck and have fun at the show!

Ultimate Quik Detailer - New!
    http://www.meguiars.com/?car-maintenance/Ultimate-Quik-Detailer

ULTIMATE QUIK DETAILER™

————————————
    Ultimate Quik Detailer is a revolutionary mist and wipe product that works like a spray detailer and enhances wax protection. Hydrophobic Polymer Technology™ delivers an incredibly high surface tension which adds protection and causes water to bead relentlessly – wash after wash! Perfect for removing dust and fingerprints, Ultimate Quik Detailer leaves an ultra-slick, ultra-dark finish and is safe on all paint finishes.

G14422 22-OZ Spray
    MSRP $9.99
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hey canecesa,

Since this is your first post, welcome to MOL!

Can you post some pictures of your truck? What kind of condition is the paint in? Color? Does it have minor scratches and/or swirls in the paint? Or is the paint in pristine condition?
      You have come to the right place to keep your truck looking great!

Andy
      101impala
      Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Thanks for the quick response! I will see if I can figure out how to attach a picture.

Comment

Originally posted by canecesa View Post
          Thanks for the quick response! I will see if I can figure out how to attach a picture.

If you need help with the picture feel free to email it to me and I can post it for you.
          Scott

Comment

I was able to download the picture as the avatar. Its hard to see in the picture but it has a 409ss motor.

Comment

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!
              You car looks great!!

I agree with Mike, some UQD and you'll do fine to maintain you vehicle during the auto show

Comment

Grab a bottle of #7

Comment

to mol. Your truck looks great. Good luck in the show.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

SYDSTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                      Get some Ultimate Quik Detailer and a small pile of clean, very soft microfiber polishing cloths.

Give the paint a fresh coat of wax and then maintain before, during and after the show using the Ultimate Quik Detailer, it will make your paint incredibly clear and glossy.

Just curious, have you ever felt all the panels of the paint for any overspray? Often times a car with a fresh paint job, if parked near or around the body shop it was painted at will tend to pick up a little overspray as fresh paint is constantly being applied and it's possible it could get in the air and land on your new paint job before you take it home.

Just feel the paint with your clean hand after washing or wiping down the car and feel for an irregular or bumpy surface. A finish in excellent condition will be smooth and glassy feeling everywhere.

Good luck and have fun at the show!

Ultimate Quik Detailer - New!
                      http://www.meguiars.com/?car-maintenance/Ultimate-Quik-Detailer

ULTIMATE QUIK DETAILER™

————————————
                      Ultimate Quik Detailer is a revolutionary mist and wipe product that works like a spray detailer and enhances wax protection. Hydrophobic Polymer Technology™ delivers an incredibly high surface tension which adds protection and causes water to bead relentlessly – wash after wash! Perfect for removing dust and fingerprints, Ultimate Quik Detailer leaves an ultra-slick, ultra-dark finish and is safe on all paint finishes.

G14422 22-OZ Spray
                      MSRP $9.99

Mike . . . . .
                      love the product not the price in Australia $29.95. . .But you have to pay top doller for the good stuff. . . .

Pete. . .

Comment

First, congrats on finishing your truck! The avatar is small but it looks great!

I would work on creating a kit you bring to all shows if it is something you anticipate doing with any regularity. Do you plan to trailer the truck to these shows or are you driving it? That will make some difference as you will need to remove road debris from driving to the show.

I would suggest the following:

1. A good supply of micro fiber towels like the Superior Shine

2. Some Ultimate Quick Detailer for the paint. This can also be used on the wheels to remove light brake dust from driving. Add a foam applicator for use specifically with the UQD. I don't use this all the time but if you get something a little more stubborn on the paint I have found spraying on the UQD and then using the foam applicator pad will remove some things without going to a full cleaner/wax.

3. Some tire shine and an applicator to apply it with. I use curved foam applicators.

4. A window cleaner to remove bugs etc. from the windshield/headlights. I would also bring some terri cloth towels (at least 2) specifically for use in cleaning the windows. I use one to apply the cleaner and initial wipe off and the second to fully dry the window for streak free results.

5. A lint roller. This can be used to pick up any smaller particles in your rugs, especially if they are a dark color. You won't have use of a vacum and there will be little dust particles from your shoes or things packed with you for the day that get on these things.

6. Your favorite wax. You may find a stubborn spot while looking over your car the UQD doesn't get off which you may want to remove before the show. Bird droppings from the drive etc are the most likely suspects.

7. Some ScratchX. While cleaning your car for the show you may find a scratch or two you want to take care of with some ScratchX. If you drive the car you may also pick up a rock chip. Some of these, if light, can be removed or greatly reduced by applying some ScratchX to them.

7. Some touch up paint of your truck color. In case you get a rock chip that stands out you can at least not make it as obvious.

8. I use a California Duster. I dust the car off first then inspect with UQD and other processes mentioned. I also use it throughout the show to remove the dust being collected trying to keep it as dust free as possible. This has never scratched my paint but some like them and some don't. It might be worth checking into.

9. I am not sure what type of wheels you have and if they can be polished but I also carry some Meguiars Mag & Aluminum polish for my wheels and several other polished aluminum parts on my car. I don't always use it but if I see something its nice to have. Brake dust can be cruel.

10. If you have any plastic parts consider some PlastX. I carry this too. Again, I don't use it all the time but when I see a scratch I can easily remove it with this stuff. It works great!

11. I also carry some Quick Interior detailer for plastic parts. Another product I don't use all the time but have it when needed.

This may seem like a lot of stuff and you need a seperate trailer to hall it all....lol but in actuality it doen't take up much room at all. I have a small plastic bin that normally is used for storing files, I put all this in with a handle lid so it is neat and compact but provides me with just about anything I would need to prep my car for a show. I also drive my car to shows which I have done for several years so this is all from my personal experience.

I will try to post a pic later of my container and contents so you can see what I am talking about but I am at work right now.

Good luck at the show!
                        Last edited by brickyardz; Mar 10, 2008, 10:56 AM. Reason: update information

Comment

Ok, here are the photos I promised. The first one is a shot of the container with everything in it. It's a Sterilite hanging file folder container which I think came from Wal-Mart. Its not extremely big but does have a handle and is tall enough for spray bottle size products to fit with the lid closed.

This shows the contents of the kit. Some of the items are not Meguiars product but most are and some are in the process of being switched out for Meguiars products just because I like them better. The contents include:

(5) Terri cloth towels. 3 of them are rolled up together so they fit inside.
                          (1) Supeme Shine micro fiber towel
                          (2) Microtek micro fiber towels (being switched out for more SS towels)
                          (1) foam applicator
                          (1) Factory touch up paint
                          (1) Set of brushes to apply touch up paint. I cut the bristles short to make it easier to apply the paint.
                          (2) Gold Class Leather wipes
                          (1) Large dusting brush
                          (1) small dusting brush with rubber blade for tight places
                          (1) rubber bristle brush for cleaning rugs
                          (1) toothbrush for cleaning
                          (1) Tube of ScratchX
                          (1) Bottle of PlastX
                          (1) Small roll of shop towels. Far less lint and has many uses.
                          (1) Can Invisible Glass glass cleaner
                          (1) Can Hot Rims Mag & Aluminum polish
                          (1) Bottle NXT Tech Wax
                          (1) Trial size of cleaner wax
                          (1) Bottle Quick Interior Detailer
                          (1) Foam applicator for tire shine
                          (1) Small bottle of Eagle 1 tire shine. (being switched out for Meguiars)
                          (1) Small spray bottle with window cleaner. A backup and other cleaning.
                          (1) Lint roller to clean rugs and carpet.
                          (1) Bottle Ultimate Quick Detailer. NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!

I hope the info is helpful. It's easy to put this in the car no matter where I go with it and I can usually handle just about anything. I also carry a California Duster with me to help keep the car clean during shows and on runs and other events as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');