• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forever Black Bumper and Trim Restorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forever Black Bumper and Trim Restorer

Does anyone have any experience using the product Forever Black? It's a permanent dye that restores color to bumper and trim. Then it says that it should only be used on porous surfaces. How do I know if my surface is porous? I had posted in another thread about having scratches on my B pillars, and in my searches online, came across Forever Black. I was wondering if it's worth using, but figured I'd ask around here first. Thanks.

Re: Forever Black Bumper and Trim Restorer

I anyone has any experience of this i am interested too i have a 2000 fiesta with over 160k on the clock and the trim is just grey, nothing seems to last past a bit of rain.

Comment

I have used it and it works. I bought some black and used it on door handles that I think might have been grey originally, but it made them dark again.

As far as porous, you would use this on things like plastic trim, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
        I have used it and it works. I bought some black and used it on door handles that I think might have been grey originally, but it made them dark again.

As far as porous, you would use this on things like plastic trim, etc.
        What if it gets on paint? What happens then?
        SYDSTER

Comment

Originally posted by Sydster View Post
          What if it gets on paint? What happens then?
          I got it on there. I believe it says to wipe it off quickly (immediately), which I did with some QD and nothing happened to the paint.

Comment

There is another product out there that we have found great success with... it's called ColorBond by a company at bryndana dot com. Thier interior stuff seems to work very well too...

Len

Comment

Tyler, does it work well or just work? Sorry for the rude sounding question but I was looking into getting some of this but if Trim Detailer works just as good then I wont get it.

Thanks,
              Ryan
              Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by CARSGroup View Post
                There is another product out there that we have found great success with... it's called ColorBond by a company at bryndana dot com. Thier interior stuff seems to work very well too...

Len
                Their colors, from experience, tend not to match though.

Originally posted by lilblkblt04 View Post
                Tyler, does it work well or just work? Sorry for the rude sounding question but I was looking into getting some of this but if Trim Detailer works just as good then I wont get it.

Thanks,
                Ryan
                It is like Trim Detailer as far as looks, but it doesn't come off. I used it on the Cougar that has ~270,000 miles or so and had wax on the door handles. It made them look new, and the dye dried quickly. The one thing I can say is to be sure what color the area originally was. It's not that it won't work, but it won't be original/new looking if you put the wrong dye on.

Comment

I have not had a problem with any of the colorbond bryndana products and have been using them for years... as someone pointed out in thier post - be sure you order the right color - and it will match. Many car companies change the interior colors just a shade or two from one year to the next and even offer 2-3 different variations of a tan or grey in the same year that are close - but not the same - be sure you know what your origional color is - and you will not have a problem.
                  ~Len

Comment

I have not had a problem with any of the colorbond bryndana products and have been using them for years... as someone pointed out in thier post - be sure you order the right color - and it will match. Many car companies change the interior colors just a shade or two from one year to the next and even offer 2-3 different variations of a tan or grey in the same year that are close - but not the same - be sure you know what your origional color is - and you will not have a problem.
                    ~Len
                    I ordered the exact color recommended for my car. Even the little color dot on top matched, then when I sprayed, it came out a very, very light gray (about as light as concrete) and not the dark charcoal (graphite) it was supposed to be. Other than the color being wrong, it worked really well. Both products are dyes. The only thing I could say about Colorbond is that it is an aerosol can, so it will be a bigger pain/project to use on trim, etc. because you will have to mask everything around it off.

Comment

I ordered the exact color recommended for my car. Even the little color dot on top matched, then when I sprayed, it came out a very, very light gray (about as light as concrete) and not the dark charcoal (graphite) it was supposed to be. Other than the color being wrong, it worked really well. Both products are dyes. The only thing I could say about Colorbond is that it is an aerosol can, so it will be a bigger pain/project to use on trim, etc. because you will have to mask everything around it off.
                      Hi,
                      It could have been something as simple as a mis-labled can... I don't think one expereience with a product should be used to infer that all thier products might not match... the very few times I ever had an issue with my order they solved it. If you are looking for a perm. solution to your trim dis-coloring, the only way to solve it is with a spray-on product. If you are looking for a temp solution there are many wipe-on , or "dressing" products.
                      ~Len

Comment

Hi,
                        It could have been something as simple as a mis-labled can... I don't think one expereience with a product should be used to infer that all thier products might not match... the very few times I ever had an issue with my order they solved it. If you are looking for a perm. solution to your trim dis-coloring, the only way to solve it is with a spray-on product. If you are looking for a temp solution there are many wipe-on , or "dressing" products.
                        ~Len
                        I understand that. I have used several brands and none matched. I ended up getting a color called Midnight Black to match my dark gray interior, and it is still a tad lighter than the actual color, but it works. If interior trim has problems matching, the outside could only be worse, unless you are trying to change the color.

Forever Black is a dye. It is not a wipe-on dressing product. It dyes the piece like Colorbond does. The difference is Forever Black can be applied with an applicator pad, or something similar. To apply Colorbond, you would have to tape and mask off 1/4 of the car everytime you want to use it, or you dye your car a different color too.

I know where this is going to go if we keep going at it, and already the thread is off topic.

I am ending my piece about Colorbond here, and am more than willing to answer any more questions about the OP question.

Comment

Roushstage2,

Forever Black is a good product. I never said it was not.It is not a perm. solution - you obviously feel a favoritism to Forever Black... That is fine... but you should not be claiming other products don't work, or that because an interior color you used might not have matched, that an exterior color will not match as well... that is a big leap... they are not even chemically the same... I have used and do use both Forvever Black and Colorbond products... HUNDREDS of times... and unless your car is clad in plastic, I don't see how you would have to tape off 1/4 of your car... yes, any application will take time... if you are wiping on Forever Black carefully, as not to get it on your paint, it will take time to do it right... If you tape off the trim you want to spray it will also take time... Please do not post such broad misleading advice about ( Colorbond ) a product you have had only a one time experience with... It has been my experience that sometimes FB works better for the situation and sometimes CB works better...

Comment

I checked the car yesterday. It sits outside 24/7 in the sun and rain and the door handles are still black about a year later.

Comment

I checked the car yesterday. It sits outside 24/7 in the sun and rain and the door handles are still black about a year later.
                              So it doesnt rub off or fade like shoe polish or anything else?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');