Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forever Black Bumper and Trim Restorer

Registered Member

Forever Black Bumper and Trim Restorer

Does anyone have any experience using the product Forever Black? It's a permanent dye that restores color to bumper and trim. Then it says that it should only be used on porous surfaces. How do I know if my surface is porous? I had posted in another thread about having scratches on my B pillars, and in my searches online, came across Forever Black. I was wondering if it's worth using, but figured I'd ask around here first. Thanks.

Registered Member christian6984's Avatar

Re: Forever Black Bumper and Trim Restorer

I anyone has any experience of this i am interested too i have a 2000 fiesta with over 160k on the clock and the trim is just grey, nothing seems to last past a bit of rain.

Registered Member

I have used it and it works. I bought some black and used it on door handles that I think might have been grey originally, but it made them dark again.

As far as porous, you would use this on things like plastic trim, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by roushstage2 View Post
    I have used it and it works. I bought some black and used it on door handles that I think might have been grey originally, but it made them dark again.

As far as porous, you would use this on things like plastic trim, etc.
    What if it gets on paint? What happens then?
    SYDSTER

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sydster View Post
    What if it gets on paint? What happens then?
    I got it on there. I believe it says to wipe it off quickly (immediately), which I did with some QD and nothing happened to the paint.

Ultimate Detailing

There is another product out there that we have found great success with... it's called ColorBond by a company at bryndana dot com. Thier interior stuff seems to work very well too...

Len

Tyler, does it work well or just work? Sorry for the rude sounding question but I was looking into getting some of this but if Trim Detailer works just as good then I wont get it.

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by CARSGroup View Post
    There is another product out there that we have found great success with... it's called ColorBond by a company at bryndana dot com. Thier interior stuff seems to work very well too...

Len
    Their colors, from experience, tend not to match though.

Quote Originally Posted by lilblkblt04 View Post
    Tyler, does it work well or just work? Sorry for the rude sounding question but I was looking into getting some of this but if Trim Detailer works just as good then I wont get it.

Thanks,
    Ryan
    It is like Trim Detailer as far as looks, but it doesn't come off. I used it on the Cougar that has ~270,000 miles or so and had wax on the door handles. It made them look new, and the dye dried quickly. The one thing I can say is to be sure what color the area originally was. It's not that it won't work, but it won't be original/new looking if you put the wrong dye on.

Ultimate Detailing

I have not had a problem with any of the colorbond bryndana products and have been using them for years... as someone pointed out in thier post - be sure you order the right color - and it will match. Many car companies change the interior colors just a shade or two from one year to the next and even offer 2-3 different variations of a tan or grey in the same year that are close - but not the same - be sure you know what your origional color is - and you will not have a problem.
    ~Len

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by CARSGroup View Post
    I have not had a problem with any of the colorbond bryndana products and have been using them for years... as someone pointed out in thier post - be sure you order the right color - and it will match. Many car companies change the interior colors just a shade or two from one year to the next and even offer 2-3 different variations of a tan or grey in the same year that are close - but not the same - be sure you know what your origional color is - and you will not have a problem.
    ~Len
    I ordered the exact color recommended for my car. Even the little color dot on top matched, then when I sprayed, it came out a very, very light gray (about as light as concrete) and not the dark charcoal (graphite) it was supposed to be. Other than the color being wrong, it worked really well. Both products are dyes. The only thing I could say about Colorbond is that it is an aerosol can, so it will be a bigger pain/project to use on trim, etc. because you will have to mask everything around it off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information