• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After claying how long can I wait before polishing and waxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After claying how long can I wait before polishing and waxing

Hi,

I plan on claying my daughters car tomorrow morning. My PC has not arrived yet. Can I clay...then wait one week before polishing and waxing? It that is bad...can I use quick wax to protect paint for the week? The car is outside in Los Angeles. Thanks in advance for your help.

Tom

Re: After claying how long can I wait before polishing and waxing

A week might not hurt, but remember after you clay you'll have no protection on the paint. Bird bombs and such will be that much more dangerous.

Comment

Welcome to Meguiar's Online

After claying, if you already have some wax, at a minimum, give all the horizontal surfaces a coating, that won't take long and at least the most vulnerable surfaces will be protected till you get back to it.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

If your clay came with the bottle of cleaner/wax, give it a once over with that.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
          Welcome to Meguiar's Online

After claying, if you already have some wax, at a minimum, give all the horizontal surfaces a coating, that won't take long and at least the most vulnerable surfaces will be protected till you get back to it.

But better yet, if you could, do the whole car.
          SYDSTER

Comment

Thanks for all of your help here. I have Meg's cleaner wax and, quick wax, and step 1 paint cleaner (among many other Meg products I have purchased over the last few weeks). I imagine the cleaner wax would be the best temporary solution based on you responses. If I'm mistaken please let me know.

Thanks again.

Tom

Comment

Yes, cleaner/wax would be best in my opinion. Just putting it on and taking it off by hand wont be too hard, just dont apply it too thick.

You might find, as I did the first time, that it took me two days the first time I used the G100, including washing/claying because of just getting the feel for everything. So getting some cleaner/wax on there will mean you dont need to rush around the car just to get it waxed. Do each panel slowly, do them well ,and if it takes a bit longer the first time, oh well, at least it has some wax on it.

Comment

Thanks Murr...

I washed the car under a tent this morning waiting for the overcast/drizzle to break up in SoCal. Spent an hour really cleaning wheels and tires. I had the clay in my pocket...still drizzling now...heavy drizzle....I will try again manana.

Thanks for your thoughts and thanks... everyone else.

It's not supposed to rain in SoCAl. It did last weekend and this weekend. We do need the water.

Tom

Comment

I've been known to wash in the rain, and its not like cleaning tires/wheels/wheelweels will really suffer in the rain.

Remember not to bring the clay from the wheels back up to the paint.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');