• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove pesticide from carpet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove pesticide from carpet?

I purchased a bottle of pesticide from Home Depot. Well, it spilled all over my carpet in my car and now, I am experiencing some health symptoms. I was wondering how I can remove this from the carpet. The bottle says that is still effective for 3 months when applied outside, so I'm thinking it is some pretty nasty stuff. I tried spraying some carpet cleaner and saturating the area. I then used a shop vac to **** up the carpet cleaner liquid and pesticide. Any recommendations?

Re: How to remove pesticide from carpet?

What I would do is wash that carpet with some carpet cleaner, dry it and leave that thing outside (in the sun) and leave your car without carpet until it's safe.

Comment

Re: How to remove pesticide from carpet?

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
      What I would do is wash that carpet with some carpet cleaner, dry it and leave that thing outside (in the sun) and leave your car without carpet until it's safe.
      That is what I did with the car mat. I really don't know that I would want to undertake the job of stripping the carpet out of the car.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');