• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing Newbie

I've been quite a lurker here and this is my first post. I've learned a lot from the post of other members as well as from Mike P.

I'm from the Philippines and I just got some stuffs over at ADS as these are quite expensive here in the Philippines and G110 is not available as well:
    - G110 DA Polisher Package
    - Foam Pad 6-pack - W7006, W8006, and W9906 (2 each)
    - Polisher bonnets - 6 pack
    - Meguiar's Mild Claybar(C2000)
    - Megs Even coat applicator, wash mitts and microfiber towel.

One of my colleague just went over to Phoenix last Monday and she'll be getting those stuff over here when she gets back.

Hats off to Rick at ADS for his great support in getting these stuffs.

I've been using the DC line(DC1, DC2 and DC3) for over a year to care for the paint of green mitsubishi lancer. I'm satisfied with the results except that it requires more time to do it by hand. I'm hoping that with the G110 this will considerably help cut the time.

Once I used up the DC products I'll switch over to Pro line - M83, M80, M26 and M7. These cost 3x here in the Phil. compared to what you guys are paying in the US.

Thanks MOL for the great tips and knowledge.

Re: Detailing Newbie

welcome to the MOL forums family. Ask any question you have about the use of the g110. Have fun with your new detailing toys.

Andrew
    2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Comment

Welcome fellow newb. This is defiently the place to ask any detailing question you might have.
      2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
      2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

Welcome to MOL!

Andy
        101impala
        Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
        Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Welcome to mol.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Hi and welcome to Meguiar's Online.
            I know what you mean when you have to buy things and then add more value because of shipping/tax and other things. I my opinion when I order things from ADS it's worth every penny.

Comment

One concern tho. Shouldn't he have bought the G220? G110 is 110v for US markets. ROP is 220v. I know they sell transfomers, but why bother when G220 is available. Anyway, just a thought.
              I'm crafty, but not good at crafts.

Comment

Another thought would be to nix getting two 7006 pads (only one is necessary) and add another 8006 (which you'll find more uses for)

Mort

Comment

Originally posted by Playr View Post
                  One concern tho. Shouldn't he have bought the G220? G110 is 110v for US markets. ROP is 220v. I know they sell transfomers, but why bother when G220 is available. Anyway, just a thought.
                  Maybe it's because in the Philippines they use 110V instead of 220V. I don't know if they do

Comment

Welcome to MOL!

Rick at ADS is definitely the man! He had my order processed and had my tracking number to me about an hour after I placed the order!
                    Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
                      Maybe it's because in the Philippines they use 110V instead of 220V.
                      No, they use 220v. My wife is Pinay so I've been many times to the ROP.
                      I'm crafty, but not good at crafts.

Comment

Originally posted by gls2001 View Post
                        I've been quite a lurker here and this is my first post. I've learned a lot from the post of other members as well as from Mike P.

I'm from the Philippines and I just got some stuffs over at ADS as these are quite expensive here in the Philippines and G110 is not available as well:
                        - G110 DA Polisher Package
                        - Foam Pad 6-pack - W7006, W8006, and W9906 (2 each)
                        - Polisher bonnets - 6 pack
                        - Meguiar's Mild Claybar(C2000)
                        - Megs Even coat applicator, wash mitts and microfiber towel.

One of my colleague just went over to Phoenix last Monday and she'll be getting those stuff over here when she gets back.

Hats off to Rick at ADS for his great support in getting these stuffs.

I've been using the DC line(DC1, DC2 and DC3) for over a year to care for the paint of green mitsubishi lancer. I'm satisfied with the results except that it requires more time to do it by hand. I'm hoping that with the G110 this will considerably help cut the time.

Once I used up the DC products I'll switch over to Pro line - M83, M80, M26 and M7. These cost 3x here in the Phil. compared to what you guys are paying in the US.

Thanks MOL for the great tips and knowledge.
                        Welcome to MOL! Nice to hear from another fellow Pinoy!
                        SYDSTER

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome. I should have gotten the G220 but that's not available locally so I'll just use a step-down transformer.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');