• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1973 Maserati Bora - Extreme Makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1973 Maserati Bora - Extreme Makeover

1973 Maserati Bora - Extreme Makeover

On August 26th, we will be conducting two extreme makeovers here at Meguiar's and you are invited to be part of the transformation team!

First up we will be restoring the original leather seats in this 1973 Maserati Bora!

Below you can see three ribs in the passenger seat there were cleaned and conditioned. The results are a richer look and a more supple and flexible feel. These results were achieved after only a quick application of Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Cleaner and Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Conditioner.

If some of you are wondering, "Why an extreme makeover on a couple of old seats?"

That's a good question, and here's the answer. If you think about it for a moment, most leather car seats are ripped, cracked, and worn out by the time they're 31 years old.

Remarkably, these leather seats are still intact, and in very good shape except for being extremely dirty. The seats will retain their value to the car if they can be restored to their original condition to keep the car as original as possible. Thus, the attempt to restore them to the best of their potential.

We will be removing the seats from the car which will make them easy to work with.

We will of course be giving the rest of the car a good going over also. The makeover starts at approximately 1:00pm and will continue till the work is completed. If you want to be part of the Extreme Makeover Transformation Team, you will need to reply to this thread and your name will be added to the list.

This will be a good opportunity to learn more about leather care as well as interior and exterior detailing.

See you here!

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

one of my alltime favorites

Count me in on this one. As far as I can tell right now i'm available.
    Chopped 55 Suburban
    99 3.0 CL
    Family cars:
    1958 Eldo Biarrittz Vert
    48 Merc Woody - a true sleeper
    New project: 67 Sunbeam Tiger
    Newest project: 66 Mustang Vert

Comment

Add me to the list too. I hope to be able to be there. That will be my first day back to school so pending the counselors get everything right I should be able to make it by 1:15. If not then it really is anyones guess.
      Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Lt1Corvette
        Add me to the list too. I hope to be able to be there. That will be my first day back to school so pending the counselors get everything right I should be able to make it by 1:15. If not then it really is anyones guess.
        Joe
        Joe,

Would you like to bring your black Corvette in for and exteme makeover at the same time?

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

If you would like to attend this extreme makeover and be part of the transformation team, please reply to this thread and your name will be added to the list.

1. HotRodGuy
          2. Lt1Corvette
          3. Xtreme-Klean
          4. Ghettocivic
          5. gbackus
          6. CarGirl

Thanks,

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike,
            I would be thrilled to be able to bring the Corvette in for an extreme makeover. I am working right now to try and get my schedule fixed for the year. If everything goes well I hope to be able to meet you all up there at the start. I'll keep you posted if anything changes against my favor.
            Thanks,
            Joe

Comment

Count me in Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by Xtreme-Klean
                Count me in Mike.
                Hi Xtreme-Klean,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

I'll add your name to the list!

Mike
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Id like to come too!

Comment

Bora leather SEATS revival 26 August

Dear Mike:

Of course, I'll be there with the BORA. Gratified to see the responses. The 911S is not quite running yet-- same paint condition as the 450SL you revived/exalted. Will advise. THANKS.

Ned Evans / BoraBora

Comment

Sounds good, Ned, we'll see you here!

Mike
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I'll try to make it.
                        I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

Extreme Makeover

Hi there! I'm new to the forum and am really interested in learning about detailing. I live close by and if it's okay, I would like to come over for the makeover and learn!

Comment

Re: Extreme Makeover

Originally posted by CarGirl
                            Hi there! I'm new to the forum and am really interested in learning about detailing. I live close by and if it's okay, I would like to come over for the makeover and learn!
                            Hi CarGirl,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

We would love to have you join in the fun!

According to the Meguiar's Online Calendar, I have the Maserati Bora Seats scheduled to begin at 1:00pm and if Lt1Corvette can still bring his black Corvette on this date, there will be plenty to do.

Besides the leather seats in the Bora, we're also going to see what we can do with the rest of the car, the wheels will be the biggest challenge because of of the slots in the design, they will be hard to clean and they really need a good cleaning.

See you here!

Mike

Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike,
                              I have gotten my schedule for the remainder of the month and the Black Corvette and I will be there around 1:00, pending forgiving traffic. Look forward to coming and am counting down the days to a new finish.
                              Joe

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');