• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Light Scratches In Mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Light Scratches In Mirror

Not sure where to post this, and not sure if anyone can assist me, but I am in the process of sanding down my mirrors on my truck(textured plastic area's). I have some very fine scratches on the mirror(glass). Does anyone know of some type fix to hopefully remove the scratches? There not gouges, just very very fine scratches. Many thanks.
    05/Hemi/QC/Red/2WD
    Exterior Mods:Hood Protector/Willmore Quad Length Nerfs/Debaged/KnockOff Euro Tails/SilverStars-Fr,Rr, and Fogs/Extang BlackMax Tonneau-Red/Color Matched Handles,Mirrors,Cowl,Antenna Thingy/Chrome Ram Logo Valve Stem Caps(Red)/Recon Smoked Rooflights(Colormatched-Red)

Re: Very Light Scratches In Mirror

I have a similar situation that I would like help with. I have a scratch (I think it came from using newspaper on my glass) on my front windshield that can be seen in the light. I cannot see it under normal lighting conditions and I can definitely not feel it with my fingernail. I'd say it's about an inch-and-a-half long. How can I remove this?

Comment

I have the similar problem with my mirrors, and they're becoming quite annoying.

Glass scratches I know are not economical to fix... but you might try out a glass repair kit for 10 bucks at walmart in the auto section. Worked wonders on my brother's cracked windshield (can't tell unless you look!)

Comment

maybe try a glass polish?

Comment

what about mg mag&aluminum polish?
          05/Hemi/QC/Red/2WD
          Exterior Mods:Hood Protector/Willmore Quad Length Nerfs/Debaged/KnockOff Euro Tails/SilverStars-Fr,Rr, and Fogs/Extang BlackMax Tonneau-Red/Color Matched Handles,Mirrors,Cowl,Antenna Thingy/Chrome Ram Logo Valve Stem Caps(Red)/Recon Smoked Rooflights(Colormatched-Red)

Comment

Hey,

Sorry to say but glass is extremely hard and paint care or wheel products will not remove scratches from glass. Most glass shops will use cerium oxide to remove light scratches. Glass polishes, wheel polishes, heavy compounds etc only remove the gunk that is on the glass but will not remove marring in the glass.

Your best bet would be to visit a glass shop and see what they have to offer in the way of services.

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

From the "Hot Topics" forum...

What it means to remove a scratch out of anything...

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Make sure they are in fact glass. I think the mirrors on my Yukon are plastic and getting swirls in them and I may try PlastX on them in a test area mind you.

Aaron
                Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');