• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clear coat with a flattening agent "matte clear"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear coat with a flattening agent "matte clear"

I have just had my 2005 v-star 1100 painted and pinstriped. The painter used a base coat of straight gloss black, then he added a " flat-in-ing agent". I think harley has a finnish like this called "denim". I have not seen this finish in person nor do i know the process of its application( sorry i wander ) the guy at the harley shop told me that he recomends that his costomers just wax away with abandon. He could not say that this did not take away the matte finish. After he saw that i was riding a metric he stopped answering my questions. The paint feels close to a regular clear coat, it also shows fine scratches , like when a Toolbag tries to wipe the " fine layer of dust " off my tank with a paper towel not realizing that it is the matte finish he is looking at. How do i get rid of these fine scratches , and also take care of this finish long term. thanks to everyone who can help me.

Re: Clear coat with a flattening agent "matte clear"

There were a couple of threads about this recently. Look through the first couple pages of posts in Detailing 101.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');