• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best wax for long term protection in extreme heat states???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best wax for long term protection in extreme heat states???

Hi I live in Louisiana. I own a 2006 Chevy Silverado that I maintain in immaculate condition. weekly washes full detail every couple months. I just bought the truck, and have not had it through one of our infamous Louisiana extreme heat summers. I was wondering what would be the best wax to use at that time say begining in Mid may. I am looking for something that will last for a while through the extreme tempatures. This truck is parked outdoors in the weather.( Can't help it) I don't want to have to nor will have the time to wax every few weeks due to the heat breaking down the waxes ability to protect the paint.

Re: What is the best wax for long term protection in extreme heat states???

I would say Nxt 2.0 or #21 2.0 would be most durable. I have certainly gotten a lot of time out of #21, so I imagine the 2.0 is even better.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Also, the prep work in getting your paint to the wax stage is important too!

Wash/Clean/polish/wax/lsp

I like M26 and NXT, I've given GC wax and it's nice, need a good surface to put it on though, it's finicky.

M21 old version as Murr said is great stuff too. Too many to list to say

Aaron
      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I have had very good success with #21. I live in humid Florida.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

I have a suggestion but its not a Meguiars Product, am i allowed to say what it is?, its regarded as possibly the most durable wax you can buy it contains no cleaners and can therefore be applied in multiple layers.

Thanx Christian

Comment

I've had great results with #21, I live in the Caribbean

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              I would say Nxt 2.0 or #21 2.0 would be most durable. I have certainly gotten a lot of time out of #21, so I imagine the 2.0 is even better.

SYDSTER

Comment

I lived in FL for over 20 yrs...and since its outside, the best I found was NXT esp with weekly washes and touch ups with UQD as well.

I just got an 08 Silverado and waiting for the cold Midwest winter to break to get a good 1st coat on it myself.

Love my new ride , 1st truck and wonder why I waited so long....
                WrightDetail
                The Wright Way
                2007 Chevy HHR
                2008 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 1500

Comment

Originally posted by christian6984 View Post
                  I have a suggestion but its not a Meguiars Product, am i allowed to say what it is?, its regarded as possibly the most durable wax you can buy it contains no cleaners and can therefore be applied in multiple layers.

Thanx Christian
                  Throw it out there. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by CWM3 View Post
                    Throw it out there. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
                    True, I have seen other products mentioned here
                    WrightDetail
                    The Wright Way
                    2007 Chevy HHR
                    2008 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 1500

Comment

That is one of the reasons why I like this forum so much, the respect of others opinions.

Well....usually.

Comment

Ok with permission and in the interest of car care i have the suggestion of Collinite No. 476S - Super Doublecoat Auto Wax i was also not sure if it available where you are but i have heard good comments of it for it durability. I haven't used it but am considering it as it has a good stance over here in Europe. Also the idea of multiple layers was my consideration to provide a excellent finish in extreme conditions.

I would just like to say i am suggesting this for extreme conditions and the average car enthusiasts will find the range of meguiars product sufficient as i my expectations have been far than exceeded by their products.

Thanx Christian

Comment

I find myself using quite a bit of #16 in the summer. But, maybe it's just the joy of hand waxing during those summer evenings and not so much the durability.

Comment

Originally posted by christian6984 View Post
                            Ok with permission and in the interest of car care i have the suggestion of Collinite No. 476S - Super Doublecoat Auto Wax i was also not sure if it available where you are but i have heard good comments of it for it durability. I haven't used it but am considering it as it has a good stance over here in Europe. Also the idea of multiple layers was my consideration to provide a excellent finish in extreme conditions.

I would just like to say i am suggesting this for extreme conditions and the average car enthusiasts will find the range of meguiars product sufficient as i my expectations have been far than exceeded by their products.

Thanx Christian

I am a pretty big fan of Collinite for it's long lasting protection. It is one of my very few non-Meg's products. I have a number of customers requesting I use it simply because it is made locally to me.

Comment

Here in parched Hotlanta my outdoor wax and sealant testing provided the following results. Not scientific with instruments - just eyeballs and touch providing me data.

Wax duration is three weeks before redo.

Sealant duration is five months before redo.

Meg’s 21 sealant is my go to choice using UQD as needed.
                              The way a person treats their car is a direct reflection of how they treat themselves

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');