• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

most effective product to get bugs off front bumper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most effective product to get bugs off front bumper?

i have a heck of a time trying to get these things off my bumper. any products/tips you guys recommend

Re: most effective product to get bugs off front bumper?

Do you keep the bumper waxed? I find that keeping UQD on the front bumper in the summer makes it ALOT easier to get them off. Also, dont let them sit and cake in the sun for a week b/c it will be twice as hard to get them off.

A good clay bar is the best thing Ive found if they are on there good.
    Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Use a product called, "D-Bug" by Kaady Chemical Corp and a ****** covered net sponge. Works wonders.

Regards
      BudAbraham
      DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS

Comment

Learned this from the Guru...Mike P. Mix up a bucket of car-wash stuff. Take a towel (or two if you need it.) Soak the towel in the car-wash solution. Drape it across the front bumper and let it soak 20-30 minutes. This will re-hydrate the dried up baked on bug bits. Remove the towel and hose off. Repeat if needed. It's not really a good idea to scub the bugs off. Many bugs have very hard exoskeletons that may scratch your paint. Works like a charm and you don't have to buy any extra stuff!
        Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

thanxs for the info

Comment

ADS sells bug sponges that work great, I presoak the bugs with APC then wash them with a bug sponge, works like a charm!

Tom

Comment

I just apply the car wash mix to that area first and let it sit while I move on to other parts of the car. I have noticed that if your car wash solution is too dilute then it dose not take off any bugs, but in the correct ratio it does.
              AeroCleanse, LLC
              Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
              www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

In the Hot Topics forum you can find these two threads,

Bugs Bugs and more Bugs

Bugs, Bugs, BUGS, and MORE BUGS!!!!!

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Mike Phillips
                This tip was given to me by a forum member who attended one of our Saturday Detailing classes, I can't remember his name but I think he's a friend of Buellwinkle?

If you have dried on bug splatter, typically on the front of your car where they impact, and you want to loosen and remove the splatter without having to scrub the area with force as so not to instill any scratches into your finish, what you need to do is to soften or re-liquefy the dried bug guts.

Here is the sugggestion...

Take a wash rag and saturate it with water or your car wash solution.

Place the wet wash rag on top of the dried bug splatter and allow it to sit for a few minutes. A variation of this would be to use warm/hot water.

To speed up the process, apply some gentle pressure while drinking a cold soft drink and if need be, hum or whistle a little diddy.

Another variation of this would be to apply some Meguiar's Bug and Tar Remover to the wet wash rag before applying it to the dried bug splatter.

After a few minutes have passed give the area a gentle wipe-off and the bug splatter should remove easily. Then either wash the car as normal or wipe the area down with a quick detailer.

A variation of the above but for a larger area would be to use a larger cloth such as a bath towel. Saturate a clean, soft 100% cotton towel with water and place it over the affected area.

Allow the wet towel to sit for a short period of time and then remove the towel and wash as normal or wipe the area down with a quick detailer.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Nothing wrong with using the "special" bug scrubber pads that the car wash and detail industries have been using for years to remove bugs.

However, if you are concerned about scratches you can apply the "D-Bug" and let it dwell for no more than 1 minute and hit it with a pressure washer and the bugs will come right off.

No need to let a towel soaked in car wash shampoo lay on the car for 30 minutes, much too long to wait.

You use the right chemical and the bugs will come right off.

Regards
                  Bud Abraham
                  DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS

Comment

Originally posted by buda View Post

No need to let a towel soaked in car wash shampoo lay on the car for 30 minutes, much too long to wait.
                    It works.....and it takes 20-30 minutes to wash the rest of the car anyway. It was just an idea in case he wanted to try it. Saves money too! I've had bug guts that took that long of a soak to get off.
                    Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Sorry, my advise is for professional detailers who have to get the job done quickly and effectively. They can't spend 20 to 30 minutes washing a car. They have to prep the entire car, including wheel cleaning, engine, and jambs in no more than 30 minutes.

But, if you use the right chemical the bugs should come off immediately after a short dwell time.

Car wash shampoo, does not have any cutting agents in it, if it did it would strip the wax off the car. So on bugs it is not anymore effective than Ivory handsoap would be washing grease off the hands of a auto mechanic.

Use the right chemical for what it was formulated to do and you will get results, quickly and safely with no damage to the vehicle surface.

Regards
                      Bud Abraham
                      DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS

Comment

Anyone read what I said about 'scrubbing' the bugs off?

Ohh the things you learn in almost two years.
                        Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                        Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');