• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polishing Corian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polishing Corian

I am going to be polishing a Corian countertop & I was wondering if there is some Meguiar's products that will do the job. I currently use 3M trizact discs & water on a 5" DA sander used for woodworking, very messy. Since Corian is an acrylic, will one of the professional compounds work to get it to a high gloss, do I need something that aggressive, do I need to use a DA or can I do it by hand? The countertop is in good shape it just has a flat sheen which tells me it probably has fine scratches that need to be polished out. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Dave
    You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Re: Polishing Corian

Check out this thread...

Polishing Corian Counter Tops

A quick, simple product to try with your DA Polisher would be a cleaner/wax like ColorX

See if this gets the counter to where you want it. If not you can always try something more aggressive.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Polishing Corian

I used Soft Scrub and an 8006 pad on mine. It brought the surface to a nice sheen that I thik I could have gotten to high gloss with a little more work. I stopped where I did because I felt a high gloss finish would show too many fingerprints and the like....the semi matte finish works better for me as my countertop is a daily driver Before starting on the counter, I experimented with a couple of pieces of the material that we use as trivits for hot pots, etc.

Mort

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');